Notary Rotary
An ethical delimma
Notary Discussion History

An ethical delimma
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 3/8/05 2:59am
Msg #24299

An ethical delimma

Signing Service charged $150 and told lender that they pay SA $75 and up per signing. But, $65 was most the SS initially offered to pay me for an overnight package. My fee was met on this particular signing since it turned out to be a last minute edoc.

To make a long story short, I was in contact with the LO constanty from the time of the assignment until the end for this one signing. The same LO called me directly today for a signing appointment next week. I asked, why he didn't call the SS? He said the value of service that I did with the last signing worth more than $75 the SS pay (this is how I know SS lied). The LO even said that he will pass the word around and use me exclusively for signing in my area.

The ethical part here is how we are being paid by SS for the service we provide.

Reply by BK/FL on 3/8/05 8:25am
Msg #24328

If you did not solicite them and they contacted you directly, you should be happy you have just acquired a new direct contact!

As to what the SS told the LO they paid you is not relivent, since you were dealing with the SS and had agreed upon the rate together. With dealing directly with the LO you can now get your full cut.

Happy Signing! BK/FL

Reply by Virginia on 3/8/05 11:39am
Msg #24358

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW CONTACT AND BUSINESS! At this point forget about the signing service...at best just remember how they "really" are when you get your next assignment from them or other signing services.

Again Congrats!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.