Notary Rotary
Call from Great Lakes Notary Co.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by HL in PA on 3/17/05 12:57pm
Msg #26025

I received a call this afternoon from Great Lakes Notary company. First of all, I don't like getting phone calls when I have to ask someone to slow down talking to me. It sounds like they are fast talking to pull something strange (just my opinion though). Anyway, this woman asked me all sorts of questions such as: How long have you been doing this, how many per week, how many per month, type of computer, type of printer and even to names of the other companies that I have worked for. I kindly told her that I wasn't going to disclose where my other business came from. So she said "ok" then she asked me could I take a job for a closing in the next town over from me at 9:30 tonight and the fee was $75 dollars for e-docs. I then told her that I would not be able to accept the closing one because of the fee. I told her that for me to print off 2 sets of documents (that aren't even ready yet) for a closing at this time and for this fee was not acceptable for me.
She tried to convince me to take it and said that the the company that had contracted their services were new and they were trying to generate their business and therefore they couldn't pay me anymore. I told her that was fine but I wanted to make sure she knew my fees for future reference.

My gut instinct with this one was to not take the job. After I got to my computer and looked this SS company it seems that they have even tried to charge some people a registration fee. However, the lady on the phone never mentioned that to me. If she would have I am sure I would have gave her a big laugh!!

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/17/05 1:23pm
Msg #26038

I've done three signings for this company. They never charged me any registration fees and paid within three weeks of the signings. I would work for them again. Just be firm on your fees.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.