Notary Rotary
Documents not provided but needed to be signed
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 3/13/05 10:28am
Msg #25244

I had a signing the other day and after I got to the borrowers home the signing needed to be canceled and re-scheduled for the next day.

All new documents had to be sent to me via fax and e-mail. The second set of faxed documents (title docs) did not have all of the same documents as the first set. Nor were there any instructions to indicate I needed the documents from the first set. I didn't get the second set of documents until 7:30 and the signing was set for 8:30 and it was 30 minutes away from home. I realized while we were at the signing that I didn't have certain documents I know we needed. When I returned home I found the documents from the first fax in my shredded box. I had to get the package out because on Saurdays the pick up is early. These documents do not need notarizing how would you proceed with getting these documents signed and then sent to the lender/title company?

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/13/05 10:45am
Msg #25247

Hello,

IMO you should just have waited before you sent the other docs back. This has never happened to me, therefore I could be wrong. Your best bet would be, if you haven't done so, is to call the lender/title company and ask them what it is they want you to do.

Usually to complete the signing legitly, all documents have to be completed. Therefore, to send some now, and others later, will probably result in an incompletion. Not your fault.

Don't forget to bill the lender/title company twice because your first meeting was cancelled by them, not you. IMO.

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/14/05 6:31am
Msg #25323

I get a good number of loans where the docs are incorrect. Just last week, HUD and AMT Financed Statement numbers had incorrect fees to the borrower (neither of these two docs need to be notarized).

I didn't print these docs as they were sent directly to borrower. Borrower said that the Loan Officer said to proceed with closing and they will be mailed to borrower for borrower to return. Of course... it's Friday night ad no one can be found to confirm what Loan Officer told borrower. So I stapled the 2 docs together and attached a handwritten statement by the borrower stating his conversation with LO. I make copies of these statements just in case someone 'forgets' the conversation and it does come back at me....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.