Employment
Notary Discussion History

Employment
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Ariah Angel Francois on 3/24/05 1:04pm
Msg #27447

Employment

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in becoming a notary. I filled out the application form and submitted the form to the Notary Division in Maryland. I would like to know how to make this a full time job and how to go about it.

Sincerely,
Ariah Francois

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/24/05 1:14pm
Msg #27449

Hate to burst your bubble, but ...

... you have a very hard road ahead of you.

The following suggestion is being offered seriously, not as a put-down or a joke. There are several people each week who are thinking about beginning.

First, read Message 27099 by using the "Search" button. Take it seriously. Second, read backwards from the most recent post to the first post or forward from the first post until the most recent. You will get more information than in any course you could take.

Good luck.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/24/05 1:17pm
Msg #27451

PS: Maryland is "different"!

Make sure that you add "_MD", "/MD", etc. to your name when you post here! The rules for Maryland are different from a lot of other states. Make sure that the advice you are getting applies to YOUR state!

Reply by Art_MD on 3/24/05 1:18pm
Msg #27452

Re: Signing agent in MD

Pick a name asuch as ariah/md. Lets people know your state and can answer question more accurately.

When you get your notary handbook, which can be downloaded off the web, (sos.state.md.us/notary/notary.pdf) you will find that you have to be a licensed title insurance producer to do refi closings. Go to maryland insurance website and read the requirements. (mdinsurance.state.md.us)
in a nutshell:
Be a notary
To be a title producer: ($$s are rough and rounded)
30 hr state approved course $450
test $50
License $50
$100,000 surty bond $500/yr

To renew after 2 yrs requires 16 hrs of continuing education courses approved by state. $800-1000.

E-mail me with any particular questions

Art
[e-mail address]

Reply by Art_MD on 3/24/05 1:22pm
Msg #27453

Re: Where in MD ?? N/M

Reply by Ariah Angel Francois on 3/24/05 1:35pm
Msg #27459

ThanK you all for the helpful tips.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.