Notary Rotary
First American Signature Services-Lewisville, TX
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 3/1/05 10:27am
Msg #23020

Has anyone done any work for this company? I received an e-mail to sign up with them, their flat fee is $50. I won't work for less than $75 and was told they will only contact me after all of their $50 SA's. TIA

Reply by NotaryIL on 3/1/05 10:30am
Msg #23022

Good for you my base fee is $75.00 also I've being doing closing for 7 years.

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 10:30am
Msg #23023

They are a $50 company.... There are a lot of problems going on with them. They do not return calls, emails, faxes etc....

Reply by Notary4You on 3/2/05 3:59pm
Msg #23313

I thought you did not work for this particular company. If so how would you know that they don't return calls or emails. You really shouldn't talk unless you actually know what you are speaking about

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/1/05 10:32am
Msg #23025

Ah! the famous FASS....they have an e-mail service where they post jobs, first come first serve. Yesterday I was in the middle of jumping thru my second hoop when they disappeared off my screen. long story short....to register, you have to take a 30 question exam, then an exam on their policies, then another 30 question exam on docs....I log back in and was told 'You have already taken the test" lol...no way to get back into the site now...what a joke --

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/1/05 10:46am
Msg #23029

Does anyone know what is the difference between FASS in CA and FASS in Texas. I am usually contacted by CA and I have noticed the past few calls I have received have been from a different area code (not the speed dial number I have for FASS in CA). Same company, different location??

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 10:49am
Msg #23032

FASS "Test"

Yeah... I took their test, passed it.... afterwards filled out all the required information... when I clicked "submit" I received a 'system failure' screen.... I called, emailed, faxed etc... no one ever responded.....

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/1/05 10:51am
Msg #23034

Re: Paul

Well allllrighty then, I only did 1/3 the work before it would have gone byebye! LOL
I'm feelin' better already

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 10:57am
Msg #23037

Re: Paul

The only reason I went through the whole mess -- I have friend who is signed up with them and he hand picks through their system for closings within 5 miles of his home or when he is very bored. Grant it, the FASS Software works for him.....

NOT much to say for me.....

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 11:03am
Msg #23038

PS...

I'm taking applications from any company that would like me to work for them.... however, they should not want me to return phone calls, respond to faxes and expect emails to be returned 'delivery failure'

All that and I will accept $50 signings

LOL

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/1/05 11:08am
Msg #23039

Re: PS...

BUT WAIT!!! there's more

here's a four page list of instructions, do not pass go, fax it ALL back immediatly after signing, get it in the same day and wait 45 days for a check.

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 12:04pm
Msg #23056

Re: PS...

In all fairness to FASS - my friend says that they pay within 2 weeks and there are no fax backs

Reply by Roger/OH on 3/1/05 12:43pm
Msg #23067

FASS Lover

I've been with FASS over 5 years and am closing in on a thousand signings with them. They are a $50 company, but in my case the assignments I can pick off their Signtrack are close to me or to other assignments I have and relatively simple. Their borrowers are well informed with few problems, and signing packages rarely me take more than 20 minutes. The staff support I've encountered when needed has been very good. They do indeed pay like clockwork with no wretched faxbacks. They do have some issues from an SA perspective and I in fact visited their offices in Santa Ana several weeks ago and offered some suggestions to improve their communications and relations with their SAs. They were very gracious and appreciative, and indicated some changes will be implemented in the near future. Not every company works out for every SA, but this one does for me in my situation.

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 1:19pm
Msg #23069

Re: FASS Lover

Roger, That's why I wanted to sign up with them. I don't do $50 signings, but if on a slow day I can "pick & choose" online, I would give it a shot. BUT - as in my previous postings, I can't even get a return call from them regarding their system failure. I've called and left several messages on their Vendor Relations Voicemail.... and NOT ONCE a return call.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/1/05 1:27pm
Msg #23074

Ditto...how do you find them? I can't get onto their website because my e-mail addy is already registered which locks me out and I can't get a response either.

Reply by FASS contact on 3/1/05 1:56pm
Msg #23085

Paul & Charm...

As noted below, the poster said she had success with the email address she listed in resolving questions. You can also try Amanda Worthington at (888) 270-3630 extension 5251. She is aware of the communication issues and I'm sure would steer you in the right direction.

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 2:14pm
Msg #23090

Re: Paul & Charm...

I may be shooting in the dark.... but for what it's worth... I called the above number and the extension goes to a Kevin ??? office...... I got transferred to the main Operator and asked for Amanda Worthington... they transferred me to her Voicemail without giving me her extension number. I left a message to see where it will go.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/1/05 2:22pm
Msg #23092

Re: Paul & Charm...Ditto...n/m

Reply by Roger/OH on 3/1/05 2:32pm
Msg #23094

Re: Paul & Charm...

Sorry, it's extension 5152 for Amanda. Too many numbers today!!

Reply by Tecia on 4/4/05 3:16pm
Msg #29558

I've been with this company for over 5 years. I love working with them. They're all helpful and very nice. True enough, they only pay $50 for signings, but it's great to go to their site and pick your appts. And, they pay within 15 days. Great company to work for even with the pay.

Reply by shallena_MI on 3/2/05 9:41am
Msg #23222

Re: FASS "Test"

Paul, I had the same thing happen to me. They have transferred the handling of their notary services to a different area and have been having problems. The gentleman I finally got ahold of asked me to please send him an email regarding my problem on the internet because they refused to believe that there was anything wrong with their form. The gentlemans name that is in charge of getting notaries signed up is Marty. His email address to report problems with the website and they status of your account is '[e-mail address]' . He was very nice... it just sounded like they were trying to work out some internal bugs maybe...

Reply by Dellaca on 3/1/05 10:56am
Msg #23036

Same thing happened to me Charm a joke indeed!

Reply by Tara Holley on 3/1/05 11:26am
Msg #23042

Another co with a flat fee of $50

PA Notay (How do you get your state next to your name)
Has anyone done any work for NFRES?

Reply by LauraR_NY on 3/1/05 11:54am
Msg #23049

Re: Another co with a flat fee of $50

Update your profile in Forums Options & use your Forums Alias as your default identity. I just did that myself today.

Reply by TaraPA on 3/1/05 1:19pm
Msg #23070

Re: Another co with a flat fee of $50

Thanks Laura

Reply by CA Notary on 3/1/05 1:08pm
Msg #23068

FASS in CA is different from First American in Lewisville. If you recieve a call from the TX office it will be a closing call (call made from the closing table to assure docs are signed correctly), not a call to schedule an appointment. The CA office schedules all the closings.
Hope that helps.

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 1:22pm
Msg #23072

FASS CONTACT??

If you've read the above, I've tried to call/contact FASS many times and have never received a reply.... does anyone have a contact ???

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/1/05 1:42pm
Msg #23078

Re: FASS CONTACT??

try [e-mail address], this is vendor relations and they always respond to me very quickly no matter what the issue.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/1/05 1:53pm
Msg #23083

can't get it

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/1/05 3:24pm
Msg #23105

FASS Returned Call

Well, since I was the first one on the verge of bashing FASS - I admit after I called Amanda, she did return the call.... vessed up to their IT problems and offered to overnight me a signup agreement.... Amanda was very polite and I applaud her willingness to take that 'extra' step to help me out.

Reply by Notary4You on 3/2/05 3:57pm
Msg #23312

This is actually not Vender Relations, but their customer service email for current notaries

Reply by Melody on 3/1/05 1:25pm
Msg #23073

They are a title company that pays $50. n/m

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/1/05 3:27pm
Msg #23108

What they really told you is that

if they do call, you can charge any price you want:-)

"I won't work for less than $75 and was told they will only contact me after all of their $50 SA's. TIA"

Reply by Notary4You on 3/2/05 3:55pm
Msg #23310

Thats too bad that you wont work for less then $75..There volume is quite large

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/2/05 4:33pm
Msg #23317

Notary4You (really a FASS employee in all probability) said: "Thats too bad that you wont work for less then $75..There volume is quite large"

This is what I would expect from someone at FASS to say. Not only can you not get your ducks in a row in many cases, not willing to pay the professional signing agents a fair and equitable fee, you have an obvious problem with the English language that does not present a very professional appearance. Remember, the first impression is a lasting one and very difficult to change.

We've been through the mud already on fees that are acceptable. It is a personal choice, no doubt about it. But we don't need to rehash it again. Thank you very much.

Reply by Notary4You on 3/2/05 4:55pm
Msg #23320

I am actually not a FASS employee, but used to do staff notary work for them. I currently work as an independent notary for them and still receive great service. Its too bad you have such a negative view of FASS. Volume really does make up for pay, since I have NOT been a staff notary I actually make a lot more and aquire more signings. Everyone has their preference, this just happens to be mine.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/2/05 5:18pm
Msg #23322

I don't have a negative view of FASS any more than FASS has a negative view of professional NSA's. Their fee structure does not work when it takes anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes of driving time between appointments. And, if edocs are in the mix, forget it, there's just no time to do many signings in a day, so quantity is not the answer. However, quality is trait that many companies are throwing out the window. I've been out to correct many notarial and signing agent blunders, but I think the majority or being either overlooked or "fixed" after the fact.

Can FASS guarantee three signings @ $50 per day, everyday? Of course not. (If they can, I'll take you up on the offer.) But I can do one signing every day (and that's not guaranteed either) for $150, and spend less than a third of the time doing it, allowing me to do a couple of other signings for $150 or so, or take the afternoon off for a lively round of golf or gulf fishing. On the expense side, doing one signing @ $150 is less expensive (read more profitable) and doing 3 signings @ $50. It's basic math, that's all.

Something has me bothered. You said, "I am actually not a FASS employee, but used to do staff notary work for them. I currently work as an independent notary for them ..." Does this allow you to have internet and email access through their server too? If I would agree to do independent notary work for them, would I be able to have a FIRSTAM.COM address too?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.