Notary Rotary
Full time notary business
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by M Zakon on 3/31/05 6:44pm
Msg #28954

Hey does anybody have their own notary business that they do full time? If so do you make good money? I'm thinking about doing this full time if it can be lucritive

Reply by Roger/OH on 3/31/05 6:50pm
Msg #28956

Many of the posters here are full-timers; however, there's much more to the job than meets the eye and many aspects you'd need to consider, which you can glean by reading the posts in this forum from the beginning. Also note your state when posting and you'll receive more specific responses for your area.

Reply by M Zakon, CA on 3/31/05 6:52pm
Msg #28958

What are some things that I should be aware of before I start?

Reply by Monica/CA on 3/31/05 6:55pm
Msg #28959

First of all, that CA is saturated with Notaries... But what part of Cali are you from, that can make a difference, I am from Southern Ca and I dont keep very busy, too many notaries in my area... but I also must admit, I haven't marketed my self the VERY best that I could,... Just dont have the time... Good Luck !!

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/31/05 7:19pm
Msg #28969

S. cali here too. You can do well if you do a good job, takes time to get your business to where you can live of it, lot of hard work and doing the best job you can.
Good Luck!!!!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/31/05 8:06pm
Msg #28982

Did I miss something? I don't remember him/her stating they were in California. (Washington state rings a bell for some reason, though.)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/31/05 9:25pm
Msg #28997

Popsie - gonna have to get you some glasses on your next birthday!
The next message from the original poster has the state after the name.

That's OK - I know when I get to your great age I will need stronger glassesSmiley

Reply by MsRobbo_PA on 3/31/05 7:42pm
Msg #28975

Like Roger said "there is more to the job than meets the eye". If you decide to go full time, be prepared for late nights by the computer and fax. Almost all companies require you to fax back docs and upgrade the status of the signing. The end of the month is the toughest. I'm only a part-timer, by choice, and get steady signings. On days when I have 3 or 4 signings it takes me another two hours just to get through checking paperwork and faxing back. If you should decide to go full-time, best of luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.