Notary Rotary
Giving up RTC...Follow-Up
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Slarty_FL on 3/14/05 12:49pm
Msg #25368

Thanks to all those who contributed to my thread on that odd little form that seemingly waived the RTC. I actually managed to finally reach the title company today and it turns out that Sylvia was right: The form's purpose is to be signed and notarized at the table ONLY IF the borrower's inadvertently sign the wrong line on their RTC form at the table. If they don't, the form is left blank and returned unsigned.

Just thought folks might be curious as to how this turned out. Thanks again to all who posted!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/14/05 12:55pm
Msg #25369

Thanks for the clarification.

In case newbies missed it, here's a repeat of a tip given already: If the borrower accidentally signs the Right To Cancel on the I-want-to-cancel line instead of the I-have-received-a-copy line, simply replace the incorrectly signed document with the copy in the borrower's set of documents, then have the borrower sign on the correct line. The borrower then keeps the copy with the I-want-to-cancel signature, and the perfect I-have-received-a-copy document goes to the lender.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/14/05 1:00pm
Msg #25370

Sometimes the borrowers copies are clearly marked as their copies though.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/14/05 2:13pm
Msg #25384

Does the world come to an end if something marked 'B's copy' goes back to Title Co.? Or does this just confuse them sooooo much it's not worth it???

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/15/05 12:38am
Msg #25469

Lee/AR said-

"Does the world come to an end if something marked "B"s copy' goes back to Title Co.? or does it confuse them sooooo much its not worth it?????"

This is strictly my" Modus Operendi" on handling these Docs.

For example ;

If there is say a Buyers First Payment Coupon in package, marked Borrowers Copy- what I (this is just me- okay?) do, is have the Borrowers initial the bottom of page- tell them they have a copy of it, in their package that I am leaving with them, after Signing is Completed- so Yes the Title Company still gets back from me that copy- initialed- so No One Ever Can Say- " I never saw that- or I never received that sheet; etc)

This has worked for me- No Problems from any Company to date on this score. (Murphy's Law not with standing).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.