Notary Rotary
Going to take the State test
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Carl Ca on 3/30/05 12:35am
Msg #28444

I'll be taking the state test in April and would like to know how long after the test must I submit my fingerprints? At that time to I disclose when I was arrested? it was just a minor violation back in the late 70's that should have no baring on getting my commission.

Reply by Notary CA on 3/30/05 2:24am
Msg #28448

You must disclose any arrrest prior to taking the test, the questions regarding prior criminal record(s) is part of the application for a Notary Public Commission. This application is submitted to the proctor before the test is administered and your applicaiton is sent to the Secretary of the State's office. Once you pass the test, then you are notified within two weeks of passing that you must have your fingerprints completed at a live scan station no information regarding any prior criminal record is asked of you at the finger printing agency. Once your finger prints are check with the DOJ then matched to what you disclosed on your applicaiton and matched back to the possible disqualifying conditions. As long as you don't have a criminal record which falls into one of the possible disqualify categories, you are okay.

Reply by Carl Ca on 3/30/05 3:22am
Msg #28449

It was just fighting in a public place. I was young, dumb and 19.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/30/05 8:08am
Msg #28463

Actually, when you schedule your test you will be sent the application and handbook with the letter confirming your test date. You take the application with you to the test site and turn it into the proctor. If you pass the test, you will know within a week, you will be sent a letter and the request for live scan finger printing. Then it's up to the state whether or not to grant you a commission. For something so minor as fighting in public, you will most likeley receive the commission with little trouble.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.