Notary Rotary
Help!!!!!
Notary Discussion History

Help!!!!!
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by anon on 3/19/05 2:47pm
Msg #26451

Help!!!!!

I am just starting out,, I signed up for all the Notary websites,, and I have been applying places sending off my information,,, Last night I get a call that they need a last minute Notary in the city I live in,I say Yes I can do it,, they asked how many have I done,, I dont lie, so I said this will be my first.. They said they have a minimum of 50... I have heard this SOOO much., what are "US" new notaries supposed to do or say??? PLEASE someone help,,, If there are any Notaries in Riverside, and would like to take me along with you so I get experience,, I am willing to go along for the ride...
ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/19/05 2:56pm
Msg #26453

Riverside Where is Riverside???

Reply by Anonymous on 3/19/05 2:58pm
Msg #26454

In California...

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/19/05 3:02pm
Msg #26455

You'll get a better response if you put your name and state in the author field.

Reply by Becky/KS on 3/19/05 6:02pm
Msg #26474

You might be able to get more willing assistance if you asked for a notary who is outside your coverage, whom you will not be in competition with - for instance south San Diego, San Bernardino, Ventura, Antelope Valley....etc.

Reply by anon on 3/19/05 9:56pm
Msg #26496

I will travel anywhere to get the experience,,, BUT I am not sure if people are will for a ride along!!!

Reply by Becky on 3/20/05 6:37pm
Msg #26558

You may have to drive to pick them up. But don't give up, there are many SS companies who will hire new agents, as long as you understand the basics. Many agents started this business without any related experience. However, you must understand your state's notary laws inside out. If you make a mistake on a loan doc, by missing out a signature, for example, it can be fixed. But if you make a mistake in the notarial part, you could loose your commission.

Not that I want to discourage you, but California is a very competitive state for this business. You need to do lots of marketing to get your name out there.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/19/05 6:44pm
Msg #26475

I relaized that and put it in, I live in Riverside, Ca. Thank you

Reply by Donna CA on 3/19/05 9:07pm
Msg #26490

I had the same problem but don't give up. You will get calls from places that don't ask how many you have done. The first one I did, all they asked was had I done any for them before, so it worked out.

Reply by anon on 3/19/05 9:55pm
Msg #26495

Thank you,, that makes me feel better,, its so frustrating getting started... seems sometimes its a dead end street... ;(

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.