Notary Rotary
How did you get your first signing?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous_CA on 3/22/05 5:49pm
Msg #27066

I thought the discussion a couple days ago regarding how folks got started in this business was very interesting! Most everyone who responded seemed to have come from a background in Real Estate, Mortgage, Title Cos. etc. For those of us who do not have that kind of background, I think I would be helpful to us if you would share how you go your first signing.

Reply by MsRobbo on 3/22/05 6:24pm
Msg #27082

When I first started, I didn't have any mortgage or real estate background. You need to advertise your services. Join an association (like NNA) and, of course, Notary Rotary. You also need to search signing services and apply online, by phone, or email. Good luck!

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 6:44pm
Msg #27093

I registered with a bunch of signing services and one of them eventually called. The End.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/22/05 8:54pm
Msg #27117

I set up contacts in my area (25 mile radius) and then I applied to numerous signing companies and signed on as an Independent Contractor.

I was Commissioned in 2003 and business started to finally pick up in the middle of 2004. To date, notary public work, as well as the other mix, brings home the bacon.

It may take up to two years before your business actually get's booming.

=========
Korey

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 3/22/05 9:41pm
Msg #27128

I was a retired banker. Had my own refi, loan signing, at "home" for the 1st time and asked the LSA how did she get in the biz........nuff said. It has been a comfortable transition.
Marla

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 3/23/05 12:21pm
Msg #27231

I became a notary in 2004 due to working for an attorney. I handle all the real estate transactions for him and had myself registered on the website for the local notary association. I received an email from a SS one day asking me to register and thought hey I can do this PT on the side. Then I researched where else I register myself as a notary and within a month or two got my first call from IREP. I was doing more for IREP the first couple of months and then finally started getting calls from other SS's....it has really taken off to be a nice PT business for me. I would never get rid of my FT job though. Need a steady paycheck but this has helped quite a bit because I am a brand new home owner a year now and has allowed me to use the extra income for redo my home. I have actually used some of the money to buy a brand new living room set which I probably would not have been able to do right now w/o the extra income.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.