Notary Rotary
How to Start
Notary Discussion History

How to Start
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by NotaryGirl on 3/30/05 10:10am
Msg #28505

How to Start

I am trying to start working as a signing agent, and so far have hit some brick walls. Is it possible to become a signing agent with no mortgage background? I haven’t but 2 signings so far under my belt, and have been signing up with other agencies. I started calling lending institutions outside my area to see who they use. I have completed NSA course and certification, and have studied for the better part of a year on my own. Is there anything else I should be doing? I have marketing material as well; who would I distribute it to, the SS, or directly to the Title Companies, and or Lenders? I appreciate all constructive comments…. Kindest Regards…

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/30/05 10:14am
Msg #28507

sign up with as many Signing companies as you can, you can find a list up in the signing services tab. Wait until you get at least 50 signings under your belt before you try the title companies.
You should be aware of your state's notary laws and all loan docs.

Reply by ssnotary on 3/30/05 10:20am
Msg #28513

Follow your dreams and dream big, sell yourself! I have been a notary for a year now, it has been interesting as well as rewarding. However I have a full time job in another arena and view the income from signings as frosting on the cake. I do believe your vision of working full time for a signing company or being hired by a mortgage company is indeed doable with little to no experience. I have a very good friend who has an excellent position with a mortage company, she makes good money and the connection was made simply by her friend who already worked for the company suggested her for the open position. She had no prior experience and they have now trained her to fit their needs. Great Success to you!

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/30/05 10:52am
Msg #28524

Not that I have been so successful, but in my profile is the path I followed. You'll see a link. Not sure there is anything to help you there, but I put my path down in writing to help others with their journey.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/30/05 11:51am
Msg #28550

NO ADVERTISING PLEASE. NOT THE PLACE no message

Reply by Get Over It!! on 3/30/05 1:04pm
Msg #28564

Re: NO ADVERTISING PLEASE. NOT THE PLACE no message

Reply by Anonymous on 3/30/05 12:05pm
Msg #28553

MY HERO!!!! EGO PROBLEM ANYONE? no message

Reply by I have never seen ... on 3/30/05 3:02pm
Msg #28589

Re: MY HERO!!!! EGO PROBLEM ANYONE? no message

such immature so called "professional" people in my life....If you don't want to help others in a kind way then get off of the message board.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.