Notary Rotary
How to be a successful closer/ signing agent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by atitlecloser on 3/22/05 8:31am
Msg #26892

I was a Newbie myself. Overtime I've developed a method for making a closing a smooth and enjoyable experience. Overtime I've helped other Newbies by taking them out on the road with me. Due to the overwhelming demand I am unable to conduct one-on-one training sessions. In order to accommodate everyone, we have organized a How to Conduct an Awesome Closing - Conference. Taking place on 11 April, 2005 at 9:00 am at the Hampton Inn, 1000 South Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach FL 33009.

During this conference I will share with you my methods and strategies that have help make me exclusive closer for various Title companies, lenders and real estate brokers request me because of this system. This will be an intensive day of training where you will learn the following:

バ Performing a successful closing step-by-step
バ Explanation of the top loan documents
バ The function of the Closer and the Loan process
バ How to prevent a halted signing
バ How to review and prepare the received documents
バ The proven method to presenting loan documents to the client/ borrower/ purchaser/seller and guarantee funding. We have a 99.9% proven success rate
バ How to reduce your signing appointment to 30 minutes
バ How the Borrowers are to sign as AKA, Power of Attorney, Trustees
バ How to calculate recission dates

For more information go to our website:
http://atitlecloser.bravehost.com/

Reply by LauraTX on 3/22/05 9:19am
Msg #26895

Do you have anything coming up in the Texas area? Dallas, Austin, San Antonio or anywhere?

Reply by PA Notary on 3/22/05 9:21am
Msg #26896

AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE YOU WILL FIND THIS QUOTE.......PLEASE USE THIS FORUM TO DISCUSS NOTARIAL PROCEDURES, SHARE EXPERIENCES, ASK QUESTIONS OF YOUR PEERS,ETC. PLEASE AVOID THE ADVERTISING OF YOUR SERVICES-THAT'S WHAT YOUR PROFILE IS FOR !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by LauraTX on 3/22/05 9:33am
Msg #26900

Some of us are new to this business and look to these boards to see how things are going for those who have MORE experience, get ideas of what works and what doesn't. There is no need for "ugly" responses. I read the earlier posting as helpful for those of us who are new and would like additional training.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 6:26pm
Msg #27084

This exaggeration is really getting ridiculous

A person simply quotes the owner of this forum and it's called both "ugly" and "hate". Why exactly are you people so desperate to attach such negativity to comments that clearly are not remotely ugly or hateful? I really wish somebody could answer this because it makes no sense to me and I see it all the time in here.

And Laura, just because YOU find it helpful that people may advertise their services in here does not negate the fact that HARRY (the owner of this board) made it quite clear that advertising of services should not be done in here. It really is the height of self absorbtion to imply that your desires automatically supercede the wishes of the owner of this site.

His board, his rules.

Reply by n/a on 3/22/05 9:33am
Msg #26901

Don't Hate; and all CAPS is that necessary? I am glad someone is willing to share something positive (Education), you should try it. Spread love not HATE.

Reply by PA Notary on 3/22/05 9:44am
Msg #26910

I apologize to all who were offended...however...my post in caps was because, evidently the small print at the top of the page was not large enough to be seen by some folks.

Now, let's pleeeze not get another lo-o-o-ong thread started.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 6:33pm
Msg #27088

You're apologizing to the offended?

Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong. In fact, the original post is considered "offensive" by the standards of this board per the March 15 notice:

This is a notice to dispense with the offensive posts. Offensive posts include, but are not limited to:

c) Advertising yourself.

Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in:

a) The disabling of your notary profile,
b) The black-listing of your notary profile, or
c) Complete restriction / lack of access to our site.

Reply by Donna Lenzi on 3/22/05 9:49am
Msg #26915

(pa) hi pa notary which part of pa are you working? I am in western pa doing 17 counties........just wondering!! I have noticed all these states taking 50$ closings and I have never done a closing for 50$ ever! I would like to compare notes & see what your lowest job fee would be, I converse with eastern pa notaries and we are all on the same page doing closings and perfecting the time and professional outcome to get paid what we do. I already trained a girl who use to be a processer (gave me a ton of closings) & got her notary. We will be filing our own taxes but will market some title companies together. Our idea was to sign up with different companies & throw each other closings when busy. I always get double booked, then getting 3 more calls for the same time. Now I can keep the companies calling me with 2 closers with 1 call. Thinking about becomming a premier member, wondering if my fees are too high? I am experience with title, searching, huds, closings 3years. Just looking for some feedback on your thoughts & experience

Reply by PA Notary on 3/22/05 10:08am
Msg #26923

Donna: Located in Central PA, but will travel most anywhere for $$$...agree, I have never done a closing for $50...have turned some down though....The $50 closings are probably mostly in areas that are saturated with NP's....I believe that those in more metropolitan areas of PA have an advantage as far as fees go. Metro locations are more accustomed to higher prices on everything. The flip side of that would be rural areas where experienced talent is at a premium, and knowledge of the RFD backroads is invaluable. My wife & I are a tag team and have been at for 9 years. Previously in banking and finance so I was familiar with lending going in....plus got my 1st notary commission in 1972 when iI was working in Homestead, PA..you know that town, I'm sure.....worked the Pgh area for 15 yrs +. Re: fees too high?...only if you can't get someone to pay them.....

Reply by Donna Lenzi on 3/22/05 10:24am
Msg #26930

(pa) yes I am familiar with Homestead. Try not to get a late closing there ha ha. So we are on the same page with the fee thing thank god!!!!!! I was starting to feel guilty for the $ I make ha ha (never). I love the back roads & use them often especially when an accident has occured. I am willing to help out any fellow notary by giving my companies a contact for your area. I don't know any central pa closers so, your in luck. My email is [e-mail address] if you would like to take me up on the offer. Have you ever done a reverse mtg? Not real big in this area yet! Can you fill me in on the abv. of ss, tc, qcd I'm at a loss................. Using this site do you get paid what you expect & normally get from local title companies? I have been expanding b/c of inhouse closers. Do we have escrow companies here? I have been noticing it mentioned, maybe a ca thing? Thanks for easing my mind. I travel for $$$$ and never say no b/c of $$$$ you never know when your next closing will be & I'm only 1 payment from repossion on my car ha ha. Love the h/w team thing. That is awsome.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/22/05 11:30am
Msg #26958

Officer wannabe PLEASE n/m

Reply by Marthea/VA on 3/22/05 10:06am
Msg #26922

That sounds like good information. It would be nice if the information could be in written form. Although classes are a good way to learn and interact, they aren't accessible to everyone who could benefit from the information.

If the information could be added to your website in a PDF form that would be good. Also, a book would be good if you wanted to charge a fee.

I think it's a good idea it would just be nice for NSA's all over to have the opportunity to get access to this information.

***Beware of people who DON'T want others to have an opportunity to learn****

Reply by Donna Lenzi on 3/22/05 11:21am
Msg #26953

(pa) to origional message will you ever offer an online class?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/22/05 1:22pm
Msg #26989

How much experience do you have?

First,
I would want to know how many years experience you have had doing signings (not closings - we are not closers!)
There are too many people at the moment who are not getting the business as a signing agent that feel that writing signing agent guidebooks, or teaching signing agent classes is the way to make money.
Someone with only one or even two years experience would probably not be enough time in this business to qualify teaching classes.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/22/05 2:25pm
Msg #27011

Well put, Sylvia! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.