Notary Rotary
I've Had it....continued
Notary Discussion History

I've Had it....continued
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Susie/OH on 3/15/05 9:09pm
Msg #25679

I've Had it....continued

What urks me is "why is everything the very very last minute for the signing agent?" Signing Companies called early in the day for an edoc signing the same evening. Then, why can't they have the docs to you earlier. Noooo, they have to wait until you are really pressed for time. You hurry to make sure there is 2 copies of everything and 3 or 4 of others. I understand that if it was not for the person getting the loan we would not have a job, but if it wasn't for us there wouldn't be as many loans being funded. Hurry, Hurry, get it printed, get it signed, and get it returned or you will not be paid. We could quit and no one will get paid. Keep your prices up there. The banks, title companies, signing companies go home at night, put their feet up and count their money. Their customer is paying alot in fee's, interest, and etc. Just give signing agents a little more time.

Reply by Indiana Notary on 3/15/05 9:12pm
Msg #25680

You are so RIGHT! Can't have said it any better. Then, after you jump thru all those hoops, you have to hasstle them for 2 months to get paid. They don't have records of the closing you completed and ask you to mail or fax them the invoice again and again. I feel your pain.

Reply by Susie/OH on 3/15/05 9:32pm
Msg #25682

Re: I've Had it....continued That brings up another point

Why is it they can't pay on a reasonable time scale. I have dealt with companies that are really great. I am still waiting for pay from one back Dec. 1, 2004. Hurry, hurry, like the hare, but we may or may not pay you. So what..you only got the docs signed and everyone made money...except you!!!!!!

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/16/05 7:47am
Msg #25745

Re: I've Had it....continued - A question on this.

I have yet to conduct a signing, but when (and if) I get any calls, and they are at the last minute, is it reasonable to ask the SS to download the edocs while we are speaking so that waiting is kept to a minimum? Maybe telling them that you will be out on signings and can't get back to your office in a timely fashion so the edocs need to be sent now. Being new, I would want that anyway so that I could look everything over and make sure that I am comfortable with all of the docs and know where all sigs and initials are supposed to be. Just curious if anyone has tried this? Thanks!!!!

Reply by Art_MD on 3/16/05 9:32am
Msg #25760

Good luck on getting docs when you want them. If doing an e-doc closing, usually they will promise the sky re: when the docs will be ready. 1/2 the time they don't meet promised time frame. You should tell the person scheduling the closing that " I must have the docs by xx:xx in order to do the closing at yy:yy. " This may not do any good, but it does mitigate the problems when you run late due to their poor time management. If you have other closings schedule after the e-doc closing, you may also want to say " if I don't have the docs by xx:xx then the closing will have to be at zz:zz ( after your other closings)" A lot depends on where you are going and how much extra travel will be involved.

Art

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/16/05 10:04am
Msg #25775

Thanks. I just thought maybe putting a flame under them they would feel the burn and send the edocs right away. It is interesting that they would be so lazy. It is also in their best interest to make sure the SA has time to look everything over.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/16/05 5:09pm
Msg #25866

Yes I have and they do not care.

Reply by Becca/FL on 3/15/05 9:34pm
Msg #25683

Sorry, Susie...

It's not a prefect world. I know many of us would prefer things the way they used to be; before edocs. Those days are long gone.

I know, I'm sure glad we have a forum where we can vent and talk with those that understand our daily woes. It does help to b***h a bit. It sure helps me!

I sure would like to see cos scan docs correctly. Will it happen? Maybe. Untill then, I'll just gripe about it here and continue to look for printing tips from PAW.

You have my shoulder and my ear.

Reply by Susie/OH on 3/15/05 9:59pm
Msg #25685

Sob, sob, sniff, sniff. Thanks (N/M)

Reply by jj/ca on 3/15/05 10:20pm
Msg #25691

Re: Sob, sob, sniff, sniff. Thanks (N/M)

I feel your pain too. Let's all make a united stand and say f--- um. Yeah!! More power to the Notary. Yeah, maybe someday. Until then we just have to deal with the powers that be.

Reply by Linda/NJ on 3/15/05 10:51pm
Msg #25700

I have just printed a HUGE loan package that I have been babysitting for the past 3 days. The ss says, they're comming this afternoon, nope. Now, the title agency is involved with me. Today in the afternoon you will receive the E-mail docs, oops, tomorrow. Well, I was getting tired of all the calls and time wasted checking for the damn docs, and calling the borrowers, we're on no, we're off. I asked the title co., how large of a package. His reply was large. Soooooo, I ask for $25 more. Then I say, not enough. I say $50. He says fine. Just let the ss know I okay'd it. Well ss says okay but no confirmation. So as I just left the message to him. NO TICKIE NO SHIRTIE. I'LL go to closing tomorrow as scheduled as soon as I receive my $50. increase. These prices they are trying to pass on us are just not appropriate for the amount of work we have to do before, during and after these signings!

Reply by DellaCa on 3/16/05 12:17am
Msg #25717

Re: I've Had it....continued AMEN to all of the above!!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/16/05 5:27am
Msg #25732

I just told another signing company goodbye. Always last minute, huge packages, late night, etc. They still owe me from January and now they tell me the loan closing I did in January did not close and they are trying to get the title company to pay me for my time and edocs. Well, I said, don't call me again. I am not busting my A** again for nothing. Only doing my usual true blue companies. We need to stand firm and not take this abuse, and soon they will not have anyone to accept the signings.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/16/05 7:54am
Msg #25746

Sign me up!!! Edocs are a damn joke! always at the last minute, never mind you have other signings to do, so 9 out of 10 you have to reschedule. I have dead set time for edocs, but do you think these companies give a hoot, NOPE! and just try to get a rescheduling fee out of them. Yeah, Right! I have a signing this afternoon at !:00 pm, overnight docs are on fedex truck, FedEx does not deliver to my area before 2pm. Here We Go Again!!

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/16/05 10:03am
Msg #25773

I recieved a call from a company last night for a closing tonight at 6. He said "it's going to go to e-mail, you know what that means"? I abruptly chimed "yes, they'll get here at 6!" I thought it was funny, I don't think he did Smiley

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/16/05 12:53pm
Msg #25819

5:15 pm EST last night- call from California S/S- "Have a 7 pm signing in Jax- I have the Docs right here- can you take it?" (Of course California time is 3 hours earlier- so out there it's 2:15 pm when they call here for a seven o'clocker)

Sorry- can't tonight- ; same outfit that waited 7 weeks to get me a check- (and it came in mail last night)-

I'm with you all- started January this year "Just saying NO!" These last minute JOBO'S, are the ones, you wait to get downlownloaded and finish copying 5 minutes before your appointment cross town- and Borrowers are upset- your upset- and then when your back- they want fax backs- and this and that - or your pay will be deducted $25 or $50 etc--

Let them find someone else to March to their Drum- I now have enough steadies- that I can rely on- and Yes- I will bend over backwards for them- because they will pay- no problem- and no fuss.

When you find a GOOD Signing Service- Title Company- or Lawyer Firm- stick with them- go the second mile- but these National Outfits- that Prey on Notaries- and are nice up front- to get you committed- then take their sweet time for the rest- ? Well...Please don't Ring my Bell!!!!

I give most Companies the Benifit of the Doubt- "ONCE"-- if it works like all of you just described- then "No Second Chance"!!!!

Reply by Tecia on 3/16/05 1:56pm
Msg #25837

Amen...I get so tired of the last minute assignments, also. You have to copy all of the docs and get this, sometimes the docs don't print properly, the first time. Then, I have to call the borrower (again) because I'm now running late. Then, to add to the mess, I have to wait until the 15th of the following month for pay. This is starting to become so irritating. I need to learn how to say, "No".

Reply by annoyed!! on 3/16/05 8:01pm
Msg #25892

Don't you understand this is the nature of our business. You think the signing service does this to you? Well, guess what? the signing service got this order 5 minutes before they called you. The end of the month is always going to be this way! Why? Lazy loan officers trying to get there deals in before the end of the month so they get paid on them. I really wish you people would investigate before you talk about something and blame the wrong people. If you want to put your feet up change your occupation!

Reply by Susie/OH on 3/16/05 9:00pm
Msg #25899

Re: REALLY ANNOYED!!!!!!!

The signing companies get alot of these packages longer the 5 minutes before they look for an agent. I have had them call the night before and still no edocs until an hour or so before the signing. I have had them to call early in the morning, and guess what.....edocs come in hour or so just before the signing.

Reply by Linda/NJ on 3/16/05 9:10pm
Msg #25900

By NO means are WE putting our feet up! We work REALLY hard for the SS, Title Co., and the Lender. We get the last of the s---, and have to make sure its all clean before you get it back! What I am saying is that I want to be paid a fair and reasonable sum of money for this work! Which means loosing other jobs because we are told we are getting docs E-mailed. No on calls the borrower to make them aware of their loan possibly NOT closing this or that day. Getting all the docs and having a problem printing them because of the way they were transmitted originally or missing documents in the E-mail. Never getting the HUD after all of the docs a printed FINALLY, which can go into a couple hundred pages. The endless phone calls from all of the above, and then WE the Signing Agent have to call the borrower to apologize for all of the mix ups. Yeah, we know what the loan reps are all about. But bottome line is if they weren't so good with their jobs WE would be out of a job. I/We would just like to be compensated for all of OUR time and aggrevation. I'm not saying I don't like my job, I do. But, when a difficult loan comes to me and I go with it, I want to be compensated, bottom line. Thanks for letting me vent Had one of those loans today and am expecting to get paid pretty nice for it. And if I do not ever get another call from this company I don't mind. Because I will not do all of that work for peanuts! Linda

Reply by Susie/OH on 3/16/05 9:15pm
Msg #25901

You go Girl...Hopefully "annoyed" will read your message n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.