Notary Rotary
James Humphries/Notary Find
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 12:05pm
Msg #27787

As I stated in an earlier thread I stupidly signed up for a free membership on the above. Of course I got a "welcome" email from above. I emailed back stating I thought it was that weird guy and that the site was full of you know what. Anyway, I get a return email stating that I didn't waste any time joining the above. I really don't think any reputable person or site owner would reply to my nasty message in that way unless it is bogus. I could really kick myself for joining and I feel like I'm being stalked.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/26/05 12:15pm
Msg #27789

>>> I really don't think any reputable person or site owner would reply to my nasty message in that way unless it is bogus. <<<

What way? Your post doesn't explain anything except that you thought it was Korey doing it. It isn't Korey. So what makes you think the site is bogus? Empty statements are meaningless without explanation.

Granted, the site probably doesn't have a widespread viewing audience, but getting listed is free and any exposure is welcomed in this tight times.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 12:23pm
Msg #27790

Why would James Humphries respond to a very nasty email from me stating it didn't take you long to sign up. Please.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/26/05 12:41pm
Msg #27791

Maybe a sarcastic, shoot ffrom the hip, response to your email. Apparently, you signed up either before sending the email or immediately following, which could invoke that type of response.

You still haven't answered my question as to what makes you think the site is bogus?

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 1:04pm
Msg #27792

Maybe the site is not bogus, but the reply from "James Humphries" seemed yes, sarcastic and supicious. My point being, that it would be someone on this site that was being sarcastic as he/she/they may have a vested interest in the site. And yes this is still the USA and who cares if someone on this site has a Notary Find, but admit it.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 1:35pm
Msg #27794

Re: James Humphries/Notary Find/Afterthought

Also, by knowing "whose" site it is is only common courtesy to the joiners. Helps people make an informed decision. Like Groucho Marx said, I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/26/05 1:53pm
Msg #27796

Re: James Humphries/Notary Find/Afterthought

I had no problem determining whose site it was. Registration of sites is pretty much public information that is easily obtained. A little bit of investigation would yield the owners name, address and phone number, and provide you the information you need to make an informed decision. You must put out a little bit of effort yourself to reap the fruits of your labor.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/26/05 1:54pm
Msg #27797

Since no one here owns that site, there is nothing to admit.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 2:19pm
Msg #27798

You are very touchy and defensive about a site you seem to have nothing to do with.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/26/05 2:34pm
Msg #27800

I am soooooooooo sorry

I thought by adding the free listing information to notaries on this forum who are trying to build themselves up would have been a good idea with a couple of thank yous in order.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!! The site does not belong to me, or any member of my family. Hence Humphreys vs. Humphries.

I know of a Teasa who lives in Massachusetts. Could you be dupping us and actually me from MA and not NY??????? Prove it....... I did. Smiley

Have a good day.

=========
Korey

Thank you again Paul

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 3:20pm
Msg #27809

Re: I am soooooooooo sorry

You are a complete embarassment to this profession.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/26/05 3:22pm
Msg #27810

Why??? Convinced of the wrong thing?? n/m

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 3:26pm
Msg #27813

Re: Why??? Convinced of the wrong thing?? n/m

Is there anything that you are not an expert on. What a blow bag.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/26/05 3:41pm
Msg #27815

Do you mean: "Do you know the notary laws"?

If you're asking if I am aware of, or have absolute knowledge of my notary laws that I must abide by..... the answer is "yes". Am I an "expert", answer is "no" I don't believe that 3 years of practicing as a notary public can make someone an "expert". That takes years.

Again, do I know my laws that govern the notaries public in my state..... "Yes".... Everyone who took the oath of office should have become fully aware of the 'do's and don'ts' of the office. Silly and unbelievable questions like "what do I fill in here on my notary certificate," or "what is the difference between Acknowledgment and Jurat?" SHOULD NEVER BE ASKED BY A PRACTICING NOTARY PUBLIC. IMO

Did you know that Brenda made a mistake by accusing me of owing and operating the Notary Find website. It's already been stated. Did you miss that part of this lesson????

I know a Teasa in my state.... is that you???? What?? More then one Teasa exists? NOOOO! Could there be more then one Humphries (remember mine is Humphreys)?

Happy signings!

======
Korey

Reply by Ted-MI on 3/26/05 2:34pm
Msg #27801

Teasa,

I have read PAW's many comments on this board for many months and have never found him to be "touchy or defensive". I include his comments in this thread in my comment. His comments always are balanced and informative It seems to me that you seem very uncomfortable with his questioning and probing for some reason. Also it seems to me he is asking legitimate questions.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/26/05 3:11pm
Msg #27808

I have to agree. PAW's responses are appropriate! n/m

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/26/05 3:24pm
Msg #27812

Re: I have to agree. PAW's responses are appropriate! n/m

Sorry, I am entitled to my opinion and I feel that someone from this site sent me the email. Ridiculous game playing.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/26/05 8:33pm
Msg #27851

Re: I have to agree. PAW's responses are appropriate! n/m

However, I saw no reason for your post accusing Paul of being defensive when he was just being his usual helpful self. You, apparently do seem on the defensive.

Reply by thickmami on 3/26/05 9:12pm
Msg #27859

I GOT THE SAME E-MAIL TODAY FOR SIGNING UP. WHEN I CHECKED THE SITE, MY NAME WASN'T EVEN THERE! I REPLIED AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN RESPONSE!
I FEEL UPSET FOR SIGNING ON TO SOMETHING BOGUS!

Reply by JS/CA on 3/26/05 4:40pm
Msg #27819

I've been a lurker here for a while waiting for my commission to come in. Wow. Some of you on this board really need to get a grip. Teasa/NY, jeesh. Obviously Korey isn't the same guy as James Humphries. Get over it.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/26/05 7:37pm
Msg #27841

Re: "Korey not the same guy"

JS,

Not only is Korey not the same guy, but from what I recollect this person isn't even a guy!! She is a young woman around 21 years of age.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/26/05 8:35pm
Msg #27852

LMAO... No..... I am a guy!! See my pic. :-) n/m

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/27/05 7:29am
Msg #27907

Re: Korey, my apologies............ I feel sheepish n/m

Reply by JS/CA on 3/26/05 4:45pm
Msg #27821

And furthermore, (I just can't let this go and I dont' even know you guys) if you send someone a "nasty email" why is it so outrageous to be treated in kind????

I don't quite get how you feel you are being "stalked" either. Maybe it's just me, but who's the weird one here?

Ok. There's all the time I'm going to give to this now. I vote no one else respond to Teasa/NY.

Reply by Carol_CA on 3/26/05 7:49pm
Msg #27845

I would like to suggest that that all offensive replies to a post be immediately referred to the websites Webmaster. All this banter is seriously unprofessional. Remember most of us use this area as a place for learning and improving skills through the experience and wisdom of others. I would also like to point out that "Notary Talk" is open to the eyes of anyone who enters the site. We are professionals, and want other professionals seeking our services to view us as such.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/26/05 7:51pm
Msg #27846

Offensive Posts on Notary Talk
Posted by Harry [NR] on 3/15/05 4:54pm

Reply by Mary_CA on 3/28/05 12:06pm
Msg #28012

I couldn't agree more! Maybe the oldies who have serious "issues" with each other could email each other privately. I was hoping this forum would be a place of professional discourse.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.