Notary Rotary
Just wondering about 1st months business
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 3/22/05 4:26pm
Msg #27038

I just started as an SA in the beginning of March. My first signing was on March 1. So far I have had 12 signings to date. Two cancellations. I am hoping to be really business next week, since it is the end of the month. I am just wondering if this is about average for just starting out. I of course would like 12 signings per week but I know it takes time to build a business.

Reply by LauraTX on 3/22/05 4:34pm
Msg #27039

Great Job!!! I'm in Texas and just started the last week of Feb. and have had 8 so far, I was just wondering what to do to bring in more business, any ideas? I'm on several notary.com's, guess I'll have to advertise more.......Great Job and may you continue to be blessed

Reply by JENIFER MEINER on 3/22/05 5:16pm
Msg #27046

Laura what part of Texas? I've been slow as well!

Reply by LauraTX on 3/22/05 5:23pm
Msg #27050

Round Rock, Texas, where are you?

Reply by Anonymous on 3/22/05 5:25pm
Msg #27051

Houston, TX

Reply by LauraTX on 3/22/05 5:28pm
Msg #27053

have you been doing this long? my email is [e-mail address], you can email me.

Reply by JENIFER MEINER on 3/22/05 5:29pm
Msg #27054

sending to you email

Reply by JENIFER MEINER on 3/22/05 5:26pm
Msg #27052

Houston, TX

Reply by JENIFER MEINER on 3/22/05 5:35pm
Msg #27057

[e-mail address]

Reply by JENIFER MEINER on 3/22/05 5:37pm
Msg #27060

tried emailing!

Reply by D DE on 3/22/05 5:38pm
Msg #27061

I too started in March, but I've only had one to date. I've advertised on numerous other notary sites but so far nothing, the one positive thing is that my first signing was from posting with this site. I know that I have to be patient, but living in an attorney only state limits what I can do here. PA has residency requirements, and I don't know of anyone in MD, what I do know however is that before I begin to invest in expensive copier equipment its going to have to pick up first to justify the cost.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/22/05 5:46pm
Msg #27063

well I thought the same but every company I talk to about signing up with asks if I have a laser printer, after I just went out and got a all-in-one (brother) so when I say no their comment is we'll keep you in mind for those that are not e-docs, and after reading so much on this site, there is alot of e-docs requests. Good Luck

Reply by D DE on 3/22/05 5:57pm
Msg #27071

Thanks, oh by the way did I mention that the signing was on 3-9-05, at the clients work place, and I have yet to be paid for it yet? I've spoken with the company and they tell me that there were no problems with the packet. If this is an indicator of how they do business, I've got to find a more reliable company to work for.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/22/05 6:15pm
Msg #27079

Let me see if I have this right. You did a signing on March 9th. Today is March 22nd. 13 days have passed and you're wondering why you haven't been paid. Do I have the facts straight? And you think that this company is not reliable because they haven't paid you within two weeks?

Did you have a contract that said payment would be forthcoming in xx number of days? If not, I wouldn't worry until between 30 to 45 days for payment.

Reply by MsRobbo on 3/22/05 6:31pm
Msg #27087

Have patience on payment. Most companies don't pay until the month following your signing. Also, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but a laser printer is a must!!! You can make very good $$$ on email closings. It would be a write-off for your business next year and if you already own an all-in-one just a laser printer isn't too expensive.

Reply by D DE on 3/22/05 7:25pm
Msg #27104

Thank you MsRobbo, Forgot that I can write the cost of the upgrade off, I just purchased a inkjet a little more than a year ago. It worked great in school and has some life left in it .

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/23/05 2:32pm
Msg #27246

Inkjets should not be used for loan signings

The ink is water soluable, and sprayed onto the paper, and over time will cracke and flake off of the paper. Unlike laser which fuse the toner to the paper. Not to mention inkjet lack the PCL driviers to print some files. Add in the cost of ink vs toner, you would go broke printing loan packages. My advice would be to buy a HP 3330 Laserjet all in one. Laser print, copy, fax and scanner. Just bought one off of E-bay from a company in Texas called Ebix which is a regional repair center for HP machines. They slightly used machines at highly reduced rates I just purchased one about two months ago for 133.00. It had only 15,000 prints through it and originally retailed for 799.00. It was a second printer for me. It paid for itself the second day I had. Now I am able to print borrowers and lenders packages at the same time. E-docs can not only increase your margin, but also your volume.

http://search.ebay.com/HP-LaserJet-3330_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

You may want to bookmark this and just keep and eye out for bargains.

Reply by D De on 3/22/05 7:19pm
Msg #27102

As was stated earlier this was my first signing assignment, so am I to understand that this is the standard operating proceedure? I did not sign a contract stating that I was to be paid within xyz amount of time, however, it was not disclosed that the standard time period for payment of services provided. If that is the way it is done; than thats the way it is, and if the opportunity arises to do business with them again then I now know what to expect. Thanks for the heads up.

Reply by Art_MD on 3/23/05 7:07am
Msg #27182

D DE - Contact in MD

D

I'm in MD. E-mail me at [e-mail address]. I can answer your questions.

Art

Reply by Donna CA on 3/22/05 9:04pm
Msg #27120

wow 12 already well you are getting more calls than I

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 3/22/05 9:47pm
Msg #27133

In regard to laser printers. I had an inkjet and I lost my first signing because it was edocs and I didn't have a laser printer. I went out that night and bought an all in one laser printer. Most of my signings to date have been edocs.

Okay, I guess 12 so far is good, I guess I was just anxious. The RE market in my area of Florida is booming. I am also finding that most of the loans are refis or HELOCs and most people are using these loans to pay off high credit card debt or they are getting divorced.

Reply by Lauratx on 3/22/05 10:26pm
Msg #27140

well with all the calls i made today and the questions I got asking if I have a laser printer, and all that i have read on this board, guess what I went and did, I took my new all in one back to Office Depot and got the laser one, YEA, so maybe now i'll get more work and it should pay for itself in no time. That just goes to show that I should have read more before buying it the first time. Thanks to all who suggested and stated the laser is the way to go, I have learned alot from reading the discussions these past two weeks. Thanks to all

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.