Last week's treat
Notary Discussion History

Last week's treat
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 3/11/05 12:12pm
Msg #24972

Last week's treat

I had a wonderful treat last week.

The woman was a dog trainer and a lab breeder. She had six lab puppies, all one week old. I could hold each one in my hands cupped together. I picked up whichever pup was not at the Dining Bar at the moment (only four could fit in to Dine at one time).

The puppies' eyes were not yet open. Their noses were pink and just starting to turn brown. Each pup was mostly tummy and snuffles. Each one tried to nurse from my fingertips. Mom was gorgeous and very nice about letting me hold her pups. What a wonderful experience! I felt as though I had James Herriot's life without all the icky cold parts.

After a multiple puppy cuddle-fest, we went back to the dining table and did our paperwork. At the end of the appointment, the woman said she would let me visit with the puppies again if I gave her one of my nice fine-point gel pens.

Without saying one word I looked her in the eye, slapped down a not-cheap pen, and walked directly to the puppy room.

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/11/05 3:07pm
Msg #25004

Great story!

I wish I had enough room for all the dogs in the world. Dogs are the most wonderful people in the world.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 3/11/05 4:14pm
Msg #25013

Re: Great story!

Awesome! I'm a parrot person myself. So when I finished my signing a few days ago, they took me out back to meet and visit with their pet cockatiel and Quaker parrot.

Birds are cool folk too!

Mysti

Reply by Melody on 3/11/05 10:41pm
Msg #25059

Birds

I used to breed canaries, so I love birds too.

A woman called me a few weeks ago for an appointment.

The morning of the appointment, I called her to ask a question.

Her husband answered the phone. While we were talking, I heard some chirps.

"You have birds!" I exclaimed.

In his very dry, New York City voice, he said
"*I* do not have birds. My wife has two."

Gotta love those New Yorkers!

Reply by Lady/CA on 3/11/05 9:42pm
Msg #25055

Re: Great story! AMEN, BrendaTX n/m

Reply by Eileen Robinson on 3/11/05 8:12pm
Msg #25045

Being a lab owner it sounds great! I would like to come across a closing like that.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/11/05 10:33pm
Msg #25057

My first HELOC was for a woman who has a grooming biz in her home and 4 or 5 dogs of her own that she has rescued. She has become a good friend and now grooms our own dog, as well.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/11/05 11:35pm
Msg #25066

As a lab owner myself I know exactly how you felt. I was fortunate to be part of the birthing of my Reina's letter last May. Seven little angels with pink noses and round bellys. What a gift from God to be part of that!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.