Notary Rotary
Letter or Legal Size Paper !
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by jasonste on 3/30/05 10:00am
Msg #28497

Ive received several edocs lately, that doesn't say to use letter or legal paper, does this matter ??

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/30/05 10:03am
Msg #28499

Most companies will accept all documents on legal paper. Some want both. Check with the company. Look thru the documents when you receive them. If there are some on 8 1/2 x 14, you know you have to use legal. HUDs are almost always on legal. I print all docs on legal unless they are sent in parts and specifically say "print on letter".

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/30/05 10:05am
Msg #28503

I always use legal...n/m

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/30/05 10:06am
Msg #28504

Leagal paper if you dont have two tray's.

Reply by jasonste on 3/30/05 10:17am
Msg #28509

Ive done a few on letter paper, in the state of Alabama, I wonder if this is okay ?

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/30/05 10:28am
Msg #28517

it's ok as far as Alabama is concerned, but the SS should have it written in there somewhere to use leagl to print out docs. One company sends docs in separate attachments and that say letter or legal. Everyone else has been legal.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/30/05 4:46pm
Msg #28624

Jasonste,

I suppose it depends upon the docs. I was sent out several months ago on a "re-do"; the prior notary had printed all the docs on letter size and at least some should have been on legal size paper. The borrower was not a happy camper as you can imagine, having to go through the process twice. (For that matter, I imagine the ss wasn't very happy either)

Other packages I have had were all letter size. Conceivably those were equity lines of credit.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.