Little bit of humor
Notary Discussion History

Little bit of humor
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Indiana Notary on 3/22/05 9:28am
Msg #26899

Little bit of humor

Dear Abby:
My husband is not happy with my mood swings.
The other day, he bought me a mood ring
so he would be able to monitor my moods.
When I'm in a good mood it turns green.
When I'm in a bad mood it leaves a big
fucking red mark on his forehead.
Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.
Sincerely,
Bitchy in Indiana

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/22/05 9:36am
Msg #26902

Your Use of Foul Language...

...is less than humorous & is against the rules Harry recently discussed on this very board.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/22/05 9:38am
Msg #26905

Re: Your Use of Foul Language...

Yor right Dennis, but I bet you still laughed. You must admit, it was funny.

Reply by Indiana Notary on 3/22/05 9:43am
Msg #26908

Oh, I'm sorry that I offended your virgin ears. I"m sure you never heard that word before. And when reading a post that mentions "little humor" you would never expect to hear a curse word.

As for use of foul language, I belive Harry means directed at others, not just as a joke. Sorry to have offended you. It was not my intent.

Reply by n/a on 3/22/05 9:47am
Msg #26913

Thank you for the humor, I enjoyed it, sometimes we need humor, just to break the uptight and boring...It was funny! and nobody got hurt:-)

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/22/05 9:48am
Msg #26914

You did not offend me at all. I was just stating that Dennis was right (abouth the F...K!!) I personaly laughed my ass off.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/22/05 10:03am
Msg #26920

Message #25622

Technically you're correct that Harry didn't specifically address the spewing of four letter words in his message to the board on 03/15/2005. He DID say: "Offensive posts include, but are not limited to:". Maybe Harry needs to clarifify this issue for all of us. I know where I stand...& it's not because I have "virgin ears".

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/22/05 9:51am
Msg #26916

No...

...I didn't find it one bit humorous. And before I'm pilloried as a prude, let's just say I set my standards a little higher than the gutter when it comes to the use of our English language. I also don't view Eddie Murphy's foul mouthed, crotch clutching stage routines as funny either. To each his own in private, but this type of humor doesn't belong here when four letter words are being invoked.

Reply by Indiana Notary on 3/22/05 10:04am
Msg #26921

Re: No...

Dennis,
Would it be at all funny, if the f word and the b word were omitted? I apologize for offending you and any others. I happened to receive this recently and thought it was funny. I thought I was sharing some "light" humor with my fellow notaries. I really thougth some of the ladies out there might be more prone to object to it. I wish to let them know it's just a joke. No harm intended.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/22/05 10:12am
Msg #26924

Re: Not appropriate ...

I've worked with attorneys for 20 years, where the word is commonly uttered. However, I don't feel it is appropriate to use in a public forum.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/22/05 10:17am
Msg #26926

There Would've Been No Comment...

...from me whatsoever if you had left out the two objectionable words. I don't know if the joke would've struck me as humorous without the language or not. As far as "offending" me, that's a term used way too often. It's my "preference" to never utter gutter language & I learned a long time ago the usage of four letter words is simply a crutch. It's employed for shock value only & lacks true substance. JMHO!

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/22/05 11:56am
Msg #26967

Re: Your Use of Foul Language... Stinks!!

"Out of the mouth, speaks the abundance of the heart"

Eat pigs food, then you begin to think as one and act like one.

What you do in the gutter, does not belong on a Public Forum!!!!

Reply by Ronald Philbrick on 3/22/05 9:58am
Msg #26919

I enjoyed it and it was funny. On a public board I might have used F&%*, but other than that it was a smile maker.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/22/05 10:21am
Msg #26927

Some will be offended some won't, just use symbols and we shouldn't have a problem. For Heaven's sake - don't waste Harry's valuable time to clarify what is appropriate language. I think we all know the answer...I hope this doesn't turn into a full page issue.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/22/05 10:24am
Msg #26929

Too late for that!! it's already one the way down the page.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 6:12pm
Msg #27077

"just use symbols and we shouldn't have a problem."

Dream on. I've been called a potty mouth and vulgar in here even when I have used symbols in place of letters. Some people in here just have permanent sticks up their butts (or b***s for those who can't handle it) and it's never gonna change.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/22/05 10:54am
Msg #26937

Here's the Kind of Humor I Enjoy!

http://members.boardhost.com/gomobilenotary/msg/168314.html

Reply by Indiana Notary on 3/22/05 11:00am
Msg #26940

Re: Here's the Kind of Humor I Enjoy!

Where did you find my picture? LOL

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/22/05 11:07am
Msg #26944

LMAO that WAS funny!!! LOL 8-D To: Dennis:

How did you find that??? That's too funny! LOL

I'm going to print that out and put it on my office wall!! LMAO Smiley

=======
Korey

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/22/05 11:20am
Msg #26952

A Slight Improvement to the "Joke"...

...would be if the author had misspelled Notary as "Nortary" & added "NNA Certified". The sign would thus say "NNA Certified Nortary Signing Agent...will work for little or no pay". There has to be a requisite element of truth in order for a joke to truly be funny.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/22/05 11:23am
Msg #26955

Absouletly true!!! LOL n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/22/05 12:08pm
Msg #26971

Offensive

I also find this offensive. There is no need for the F word!

I spent 22.1/2 years with my husband in the military, and even though they may have used offensive language in the workplace, my husband never brought it home.

There is a place for the F word, and it is not on a public forum. It is in the gutter!

Reply by Susan/NV on 3/22/05 2:03pm
Msg #26999

Re: Offensive

In most states you have to be 21 to be a notary. So why can't you people laugh and stop being so offended by a little four letter word. Grow up and get on with your lives. By the way it was funny just the way it was written.

Reply by SoCalPro on 3/22/05 2:07pm
Msg #27002

6 Figure Income- no F's, N's or buts about it!

Well kids, while all of you were wasting your most precious commodity - your time. I continue to enjoy a 6 figure income - signing...and signing...and signing. Use your energy on business development and stay professional - there's lots of new notaries out there that are looking for a good example.

Reply by AND YOU NEED THAT $ on 3/22/05 2:25pm
Msg #27012

Re: 6 Figure Income- no F's, N's or buts about it!

And apparently you need that income to feel good about yourself, congratulations.

Reply by PA Notary on 3/22/05 2:10pm
Msg #27003

Re: Offensive

It is indeed a sad commentary on the decline of the social fabric of our society. I've heard it all and 'been there...done that' but people don't seem to understand that the more casual coarse language is used in common company, the more common the company becomes. It shows a lack of decorum that was so relished in years gone by.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/22/05 2:25pm
Msg #27010

Re: Offensive - PA Notaty

Precisely!

I am well over 21, and do know that those words are out there, but they are not the type of words I expect to see or hear from a respected profession.
It shows a complete lack of education, those words are usually used by those with a very limited vocabulary.

Reply by jyhoward on 3/22/05 3:42pm
Msg #27028

Re: Gutter

Wow, she made a joke, she might of taking it a bit too far. But it seems like you people are spending a lot of time in the gutter. I couldn't begin to tell you what goes on there but I haven't been. But I've been to movies so that could be where she gets the shock value from and probably not the gutter. Let it go...We all have money to make. Smiley

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 6:09pm
Msg #27076

"It shows a complete lack of education, those words are usually used by those with a very limited vocabulary."

Pure B***S***. I'm a college graduate with a very respectable vocabulary and high IQ and I've been known to pepper my conversations with the occasional curse word or twelve. It has absolutely nothing to do with education, it's simply a fact of the times we live in.

It's fine for people to choose not to use curse words themselves, but to puritanically proclaim those of us who do as being in the gutter is laughable and hopelessly old fashioned. Once upon a time it was scandalous for a woman to show any leg above the ankle, now it's not. Society evolves.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/22/05 6:29pm
Msg #27086

>>> Pure B***S***. I'm a college graduate with a very respectable vocabulary and high IQ and I've been known to pepper my conversations with the occasional curse word or twelve. It has absolutely nothing to do with education, it's simply a fact of the times we live in. <<<

I would think that most of us here have a respectable vocabulary, some with higher IQ's than others (which doesn't mean all that much) and some with college degrees, some with multiple degrees and some with none. That is all meaningless. What has happened is society has degraded to acceptance of vulgarity to the point of it being commonplace. It is not a fact of the times. It is a fact of indifference and, imo, disrespect.

I can use words with the best (or worse) of them. I had a great 27 year Naval education that taught me words that I don't even remember. However, I would never consider using them in a professional environment, especially with mixed company.

And what is so wrong with "old fashioned"? There is a lot to be said about the "simpler times". We could walk the streets at night. We could go out to a dinner and show and not have to lock the doors, set the alarm, and release the guard dogs to roam the premises.

I wasn't going to say anything in this thread, but I just had to. The story was humorous and would have been just as humorous without the foul language. Just like movies. All the swearing and use of certain words when they aren't necessary just doesn't make sense.

There's a difference between fashion with good taste, and downright vulgarity. So don't compare the rising hemline with the lowering of morals.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 6:43pm
Msg #27092

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Just because I don't see foul language as a big deal doesn't mean I think it's ok for this board to start sounding like an episode of "The Osbournes".

I just found Sylvia's statement ridiculous. There are some uneducated people who never utter curse words and there are some highly educated people who swear like sailors. Whether it's right or wrong is a matter of personal opinion, but I do think that in the year 2005 people should be beyond clutching themselves in horror and condemning us all to the gutter if they hear or see a curse word. For better or worse, it is the reality of the world we live in today.

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/23/05 4:26am
Msg #27177

I agree ! It is a "Sign of the Time " of the world we live in. Man, you said a mouthful that time!

Maybe it's time to use that "Fuller Soap" hey?

Reply by Loretta Reed on 3/23/05 6:44am
Msg #27181

Re: Offensive - PA Notaty...speaking of offensive...

I also think that people that speak down to others and act as if they are better than others are more rude than people that curse. I know that I have not been perfect but I have learned alot on this board (even with the way I spoke to CaliNotary, which I totally regret) and I choose to act a little more mature now (when necessary) and humorous whenever possible.
I think that we should all refocus and learn to act like adults, use a (*) when we are going to speak vulgar and move on. I personall do not use the "f" word but I am sometimes the "b" word (Broad In Total Control of Herself)
This forum can be very petty at times but I still learn alot of things to do and not to do regarding closings, dealing with signing companies and personal behavior.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.