Mistakes or no?
Notary Discussion History

Mistakes or no?
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca-WI on 3/10/05 5:48pm
Msg #24820

Mistakes or no?

Hello!

I completed my first signing want to know what you "experienced" folk think out there about my "mistakes"!

1. My stamp on a page didn't turn out very well, it was light and dark, so I restamped it.
2. He signed on the lines below his name instead of above.

are these things ok?

Reply by oatricia on 3/10/05 5:59pm
Msg #24823

borrower needs to sign above where name is printed

Reply by Becca-WI on 3/10/05 6:14pm
Msg #24825

Ok-so no matter what, that wont be accepted. The right thing to do should have been having him cross out the signature, initial and then sign in the proper place, correct?

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/10/05 6:16pm
Msg #24826

Next time do that. For, now, just as long as his signature appears, just let it be.

I've had that done too me a couple times and the signing companies always say the above.

Reply by Becca-WI on 3/10/05 6:18pm
Msg #24827

Ok thanks! I am about in tears(first time signing).

What about the stamping twice because the first one didnt show up very well?

Reply by WW/CA on 3/10/05 6:38pm
Msg #24828

You did the rignt thing. Stamp it again, but leave the other one as is. Do not cross it out.

Reply by Becca-WI on 3/10/05 6:39pm
Msg #24829

Ok Thanks! I didn't do anything with it.

I appreciate all of your honest feedback!

Reply by lat/ca on 3/10/05 6:57pm
Msg #24830

If there are two stamps on a page, one not legible, one legible the lender will no why

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/10/05 9:53pm
Msg #24867

Becca,

As others have mentioned, stamping more than once is not the end of the world. What is a no no is trying to make a somewhat defective stamp look better.

But I would imagine that there was a borrowers' set of copies. If you have a stamp you are not happy with, why not use the borrowers' copy? Now is this something that a newbie is necessarily going to think of? Probably not. I am not totally speculating, as I speak from personal experience from a number of months ago. And no, I didn't think of it at the time (wish I had).

Reply by Becca-WI on 3/11/05 4:15am
Msg #24888

Re: Mistakes or no?**Ted

Hi Ted-

Yeah, I really didn't think about that until today!!! I have to remember to make a mental note***borrower has a copy!

Thanks everyone!

Reply by Jon on 3/10/05 7:24pm
Msg #24832

The extra stamp shouldn't make a difference.

It is best to have the borrower sign above the line, but signing below has not been a problem in my 7 years of experience.

Don't worry about it, I doubt you will have any problems.

Reply by Nd/wa on 3/10/05 9:09pm
Msg #24850

Positive thinking

Instructions never stated where borrower should sign except to sign name exactly as printed. I've had quite a few of those mistake and nothing ever came back. My thinking is, unless necessary, correction on doc has an affect on your professional image. Re-stamping showed that you know the quality expected.

You will be fine, don't sweat it.

Reply by ManyBell_Tx on 3/11/05 12:02am
Msg #24878

Re: Positive thinking

I also had a borrow to sign above the signature line and I did not notice until after the closing. I am little worried about this.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.