NASCO: batting 0 for 1 (unfortunately)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 3/24/05 9:37pm
Msg #27550

Hi all,

I had signed up with NASCO many moons ago, and then just never heard boo from them. Lo and behold, I get a call from them for a Citibank HELOC last week. It was quite a hike (45/50 minutes) but the fee was decent. So I am excited; the begining of a long and remunerative relationship, I trust. So I traipse out into the boonies late one afternoon. The borrowers are nice people. But the husband gets cold feet; decides among other things that he really doesn't want a HELOC after all. So the bottom line - a no sign my fervent recitation of the three day right to cancel, notwithstanding.

Now I appreciate (from searching this board) that the trip fee is only $30 bucks. That in and of itself is a bummer. But I was just wondering - can I get an Edocs fee - say like another $25 bucks? It was an Edocs situation. I did read the agreement that I signed, and it was totally inconclusive in this regard. Anyone gone through a similar situation?

Reply by Jan/Ca on 3/24/05 10:03pm
Msg #27557

I have never had a problem getting an E-Doc fee. Just Send an E-Mail to the schedular, and she will send it on. They will also pay the $30 fee so $55 is better than nothing. I do about fifty helocs a month for them! I love it.

Reply by Shannon=Va on 3/24/05 10:07pm
Msg #27559

I signed up with them last summer and only had one, last october. Turned out to be a vacation property in another state and I had to do the closing with the person who had POA for the borrowers, who were out of the country.
Nasco forgot to put in a specific North Carolina POA affidavit and I just filled it out and sent it back a few days ago (with current dates, not back dated). Not my mess up, theirs. But no other calls from them. Who there can I contact?? I would love to do more for them.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/24/05 10:39pm
Msg #27563

I agree with Jan. Yeah, there's gonna be the occasional glitch where you might get "screwed" on a signing, but all of the easy $110, 20 minute signings I do for them more than make up for it.

Reply by MelissaNV on 3/24/05 11:02pm
Msg #27573

would you mind sharing there web site?

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/25/05 8:18am
Msg #27612

Melissa,

It is as follows: www.nascopgh.com

Reply by Nanci/CA for Jan on 3/25/05 12:46am
Msg #27587

Jan,

Where are you located?

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/25/05 6:40pm
Msg #27702

Re: NASCO: batting 0 for 1 (unfortunately) - update

Jan,

I got a call from a woman at NASCO late this afternoon wondering what had happened to the "Smith" signing. I had emailed them and explained the circumstances, but apparently they are behind on their emails.

Anyway, to make a long story short, they did agree (or maybe volunteer) to pay me $55 bucks: thirty bucks trip fee and twenty-five bucks e-docs fee. So be it.

Hopefully they will send me more work. I so implored in the politest tone possible.

Reply by patricia on 3/25/05 1:45am
Msg #27590

I get lots of work from NASCO but have found it really difficult to collect the no-sign and e-doc fees from them

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/25/05 6:01am
Msg #27601

I do a lot of signings for Nasco. I had 1 signing that was 1 1/2hrs away and went twice. This loan did not close due to their problem, not mine. Went back out the next week and this loan did not close either. It was not a Heloc, it was another loan but I dont remember. I got paid the full fee for both signings. My fee for each signing was 125. Occasionally they forget to pay for edocs, but you have to be persistant. I always save the emails until I get paid for that assignment. I send an email to the scheduler and if no response, send and email to the person who sent the edocs, using the same email and reply.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/25/05 7:59am
Msg #27610

*It was quite a hike (45/50 minutes) but the fee was decent. *

I'm surprised NASCO agreed to allow you to do the signing. I don't recall right off, but on the confirmation it says something like, "If signing is more than 12 or 15 miles (or something like that) to call and advise ..." I've had a couple that were more than their stipulated mileage and they said they had to find someone else for the signing.

Reply by Art_MD on 3/25/05 8:19am
Msg #27614

Re: NASCO: batting 0 for 1

Why would you let them know about the distance and lose the job? If the fee is acceptable for the distance you would travel, keep quiet and do the closing.

Art

Reply by janCA on 3/25/05 9:36am
Msg #27621

I will travel an hour to an hour and a half for NASCO because their fees warrant it. They're one of my best clients. It's a rare occasion that I have to turn them down. I jump through hoops for them.

Reply by EPCA on 3/25/05 10:08am
Msg #27630

I agree with Jan Nasco has been good to me, including the no sign fees and fees for printing docs.

Reply by Shadoulew/CA on 3/25/05 2:47pm
Msg #27662

Re: NASCO: Can I email you regarding them?

my email address is [e-mail address]

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/25/05 1:32pm
Msg #27651

Only one time did I let them know about the distance -- and it wasn't actually even the distance, it was the driving time (more than 45 minutes each way) up a 2-lane, winding mountain canyon, notorious for rock slides with a predicted snow storm in the forcast for the day of the signing. My husband was more concerned with my safety because of the weather, so we made a "Sunday drive" to see exactly where the house was because the moutain side/dirt roads are rarely marked. After getting off the canyon road, you had to 4-wheel drive up more muddy, winding dirt roads.

Returning home after the dry run I advised the scheduler of the area and road/weather conditions. She asked if I would still do the signing for an added amount -- I don't even remember what the increase was -- it wasn't a huge amount, something like $10 or $15. She sent a new confirmation. About an hour later, she called and said that she personally didn't see anything wrong with her *suggested* increase, but that her supervisor had shot it down and would not budge.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/25/05 10:37am
Msg #27631

They give me the zip code and I let them know right off how far it is. Their confirmations state to call if it is more than 30 minutes away. That would really limit the amount of closing that I do, as most are up to 1 hour away. I got a call to do one 2 hours away and she refused my fee and said they could not pay that much. I told her that they do it all the time. The next week I got another call for the same city. This time I told them I would do it but not for the normal fee. They said OK. When I did the closing the borrowers told me that their closing had to be cancelled last week because they could not locate anyone to do it.

Reply by Allison Maxwell on 3/25/05 12:54pm
Msg #27647

Re: NASCO: Good company for me

I did over 15 signings for them last year all paid as indicated on the confirmation. I've done about 5 so far this year. I like them most are between 75.00 and $100.00

They pay within two weeks also. I'll take all I can get.

allison

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/25/05 1:09pm
Msg #27649

There must be an awful lot of people in my area that are accepting their e-docs for $70-$80 -- the fees they've quoted me, because they won't even negotiate anymore -- this is our fee, take it or leave it.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/25/05 5:59pm
Msg #27700

Just got a call to do one on Tuesday 3/28. She told me it paid 60 plus 25 for edocs. I asked her what the zip code was and it was only a few miles away. I said OK, only because of the short distance.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.