Notary Rotary
NNA
Notary Discussion History

NNA
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by caroleMI on 3/14/05 12:21pm
Msg #25360

NNA

To the members out there; are your dues demanded 3 mnoths prior to experation?

Reply by Jon on 3/14/05 12:26pm
Msg #25362

Do a search on "NNA" and you will find a lot of threads on this, some are getting renewal notices up to 9 months prior to expiration.

Reply by Melody on 3/14/05 1:41pm
Msg #25376

Hate the NNA n/m

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 3/14/05 2:21pm
Msg #25387

Re: NNA...No n/m.

Reply by jj/ca on 3/14/05 4:56pm
Msg #25410

Re: NNA Boo!!!

I just joined the NNA in Sept. 2004 and I got a bill this month asking for payment immediately. On top of their $45 annual dues, they want $39 for the notary signing section. I never even signed up for their made up notary signing section because it does not seem to have a purpose outside of notaries sharing experiences like we are doing here for free without even having to pay for membership. I love the Notary Rotary and will never pay the NNA another red cent.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/14/05 5:13pm
Msg #25413

Get used to it because you will be getting an invoice every month.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 3/14/05 5:40pm
Msg #25415

I too joined in Sept., just got renewal today.

Reply by jj/ca on 3/14/05 5:51pm
Msg #25417

I have never gotten a renewal notice 6 months in advance for a so-called "annual dues". I will not be renewing with NNA or ordering through their site again. Come to think of it, I have gotten nothing from them accept a catalog to order more stuff. I think the only SS that called me through them (Sign on the X) has not paid me yet for their last minute signing in January 05.

I would advise to use this forum and if you are going to sign with anyone (again) it should be here with Notary Rotary.

Reply by PJA_CT on 3/14/05 6:08pm
Msg #25419

Re: NNA

I don't see what everyone is booing about.......Paying the NNA 45.00 a year or paying the notary rotary 39.00 for premier membership.....It all works out in the wash. I just joined notary rotary (wonderful site) but previously had good S.S. call from viewing my profile on NNA. If your not getting any calls from NNA -you might want to check your profile. Have a good night

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/15/05 2:37am
Msg #25477

Re: NNA

For me it's not the cost of the NNA membership, it's the principle. I've read enough about them on this board to have decided that their business practices are pretty disgusting and I am not about to support them in any way, shape, or form.

Am I missing business from not being on their website? Possibly. But I get plenty of business from the other sites that I am on and the companies who have been using me regularly for the past year and a half. And that's good enough for me.

Reply by David Waite on 3/14/05 6:16pm
Msg #25421

The NNA is our professional Organization, much like the NAR is for Realtors. The problem I have seen, and this is no offense to anyone, is there is no Proffesional Conduct standards, and the NNA basically lacks teeth. I am proud to be a Realtor, I follow strict ethics, but if I ever called a fellow Realtor a name the NAR would come down on me like a ton of bricks.

The NNA can only become a force of good with support from us, our feedback and concerns must be heard.

We must treat each other with professional respect and not view us as competitors, but as professionals. How can we expect SS's to respect us if we cannot respect our colleagues

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/14/05 7:21pm
Msg #25428

David...

...I can only assume you're a fairly new Notary & don't know the history of the NNA. They originally were founded upon the basis of being an advocate for the Notary Public at large. Their initial intentions were honest & good...to provide professional assistance & education to Notaries. Back in 2002 that all changed when the almighty dollar became king at the NNA. They purchased an organization by the name of the National Association of Signing Agents (NASA) for the sole purpose of becoming kingpin & broker in the Signing Agent industry. Suddenly Notaries were pushed to the backburner & all that matters now to this once fine organization is the churning out of Signing Agent after Signing Agent to the benefit of their coffers. The only "teeth" the NNA desires to possess is the kind that bites into the back pockets of the unsuspecting general public. Those of us who've seen both sides of the NNA can testify the older version was much kinder, gentler & helpful. The new NNA is a faint resemblance of the Notary Public advocates they started out to be. They're most certainly not "our professional organization" by any stretch of the imagination.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/14/05 7:47pm
Msg #25431

Right on, Dennis! (n/m)

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/14/05 9:45pm
Msg #25446

I agree whole heartedly...

The only thing I've ever purchased from the NNA is my Error and Omissions insurance (cheap $10,000.00 policy), and MA Acknowledgment & Jurat Forms.

The loose leaf certificates were not worth the $10.00. Anyone can make better certificates, and I hate the fact that they (NNA) had to put all their information at the bottom.

Granted I haven't been a notary public as long as most people on this forum, but just by reading some pages of the NNA, I feel as if there only intention is too make a quick buck!

Reply by David Waite on 3/15/05 8:02am
Msg #25489

Re: David...

Yes I am a new notary and dont know the "Past" I also took there NSA course, which was a joke I might add, but being in Real Estate I have a small advantage in Knowing what the forms are, but I prefer to study more before I go stamping.

What I was trying to mention was there needs to be a standard, ill be the first one to jump up and say that the NNA has really no benefit, my point is that it needs to, it needs to become an advocate for all notaries, not know the past history it does seem from what you have said that it has taken a "Leap" backwards. which is a shame I had high expectations when I joined the NNA, thinking its just like the NAR. I knew when I joined here how wrong I was.

Reply by CaSigner on 3/14/05 8:17pm
Msg #25436

I too have a membership to both the NNA and the Notary Rotary, however, all my work is from people seeing me on the NNA website. I have never received a call from my profile here yet both profiles are identical. I enjoy both sites but I am beginig to wonder...

Reply by Ali-IL on 3/14/05 11:12pm
Msg #25459

I used to be a realtor a member of the National Association of Realtors and my local association.

I am a member of the NNA. I am disppointed in them because I would post a question to them and not get an answer at all or get it after so many days and, it would be a vague answer. Once I questioned them on certifying and, instead of telling me if my state allowed it or not they just said that they sold certificates.

So, I feel that what they provide to us they could provide it free or at a lower cost.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/15/05 12:11am
Msg #25465

NNA versus Notary Rotary: Another perspective

The percentage of calls I've gotten from the NNA Site is so close to zero that it doesn't matter. The percentage from Notary Rotary is huge. And we're talking repeat business here, folks.

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/15/05 1:16am
Msg #25472

Re: NNA versus Notary Rotary: Another perspective

I am also a Realtor- and Member of local association. The requirements for Realtors, as for Ethics- is truly amazing. It's great. That said;

Yesterday NNA sent me another Renewal Fee Due "Immediately"- and 3 weeks ago I wrote and told them to "Cease and Desist" sending me e-mails for payments- and snail mail letters- and tell me 15 days from end of subscription which is July 31st----BUT HERE IT COMES AGAIN!!

Notary Rotary provides "ME" far more contacts, than NNA. Only had one person, say they found me on NNA Site, and that was a private acknowledgement, about 2 miles from home.

Don't think I want to hear another year's worth of "Pay Me" again "NOW" stuff from them!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.