Notary Rotary
NNA Convention in Las Vegas
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Cheryl_NV on 3/21/05 12:19pm
Msg #26662

Courious to find out what everyone who bashes the NNA thinks about the convention. Is it worth going or is it a waste of time and money?

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 3/21/05 12:32pm
Msg #26664

I've never bashed the NNA.
This will be the 4th NNA Conference that I've attended.
Personally, I learn alot of new information each time.
It is great to meet up with other Notaries and Signing Agents from across the country.
Many of whom are "regulars" on this message board.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 3/21/05 12:56pm
Msg #26671

Can you afford to try this conference?

Cheryl,

If you are in NV and have never been to an NNA coference, GO To This One.
It's close to home. It will be less expensive for you than traveling to one in another year in another part of the country (CA, FL, PA, CO etc.)

Everyone has a different opinion on the value.

I agree with Stephanie CA that the conferences are a great way to meet people with the same professional interests. "Notaries do everything the same, but different" is my motto. I learned this from the Notaries that I met over the years at the NNA conferences ... before chat boards and the internet. My notarial function is the same as California and Florida, but boy do we do things differently!

I have been to a number of them. I am not going this year. I was at the 1999 Vegas NNA conference - never having been to Vegas it was a lot of fun ... and the conference was interesting, too. I always learned something NEW at each conference, whether it was from the seminars, vendors, handout materials, or just the other professionals that I met there. Worst case: it's a business expense write off, but you got to make new friends and had an opportunity to meet face-to-face with people who do the same thing that you do (but differently) and have the same problems in different states or other parts of your state.

I have differences of opinion at times with NNA policies or marketing materials, but cannot put myself in the "NNA basher" category.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.