Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by HL in PA on 3/28/05 12:34pm
Msg #28016

Nations Direct

Hi everyone,

I had a story I wanted to share with you guys. This past Friday evening I received a call from Nations Direct for an 8 pm closing on Saturday evening. Since I was just getting home from work I didn't get a chance to check out the feedback on this company but a gut feeling told me that if my memory served me correctly this may be a no no company. The lady told me the fee was $40.00 (yes that's correct... not a typo). I all put laughed in the woman's ear. I told her that unfortunately to the minimal amount of money that they were offering me I would be unable to assist them and I told her what my fee was. She was very hesistant and said she would see if she could get it approved and call me back. I told my husband who was in the room with me that I wouldn't be hearing back from them. Do my surprise they called me back with in about 10 minutes and said they could be the fee that I asked and that the borrower has the documents.

Obviously, if we all band together and not back down on our fees these SS will eventually get it together and know that they can't get over on us. I told the woman its not even worth me walking out my door and putting the key in my ignition for $40!!! I don't recall seeing any posts on how well they were about disbursing payments after a closing but they pay the 15th of each month. If anyone has feedback on this tha would be great.

Don't sell yourself short. The time and energy that we put into this is well worth the money we ask for.

Reply by HL in PA on 3/28/05 12:36pm
Msg #28017

Oh, may I also add that they wanted me to call when I arrived at the borrower's home and also when I left. I had never had that requested before. I tried to call before I went into the borrower's home but I ended up getting the operator's voicemail. So while I was proceeding over the closing Mrs. Doe answered their phone and it was the SS calling to make sure I was there!!!

Reply by Jeanie on 3/28/05 1:12pm
Msg #28028

All those call backs some SS require can drive you nuts. Notary Direct, Nations Direct and Accurate Sign Ups are the worse. They want you to call when you call receive the docs, call when you've printed the docs, call after youv'e contacted the BR, call when you arrive at the BR's house and then again as you leave the house. I don't do it unless I have the time and feel generous. Also don't you just love all the docs some SS's (like accurate sign ups) ask you to fax in and they don't even provide an 800 number to fax to!

Reply by adrock on 3/28/05 1:25pm
Msg #28030

i've delt with nations direct many times and they always started at $75 and $25 for e-docs for me. im in south florida. As per the calling, they did not have me call when i arrived but almost every company i deal with wants a call when you leave the table. AS well as fax docs back.

Reply by HL in PA on 3/28/05 2:03pm
Msg #28037

Adrock, then sounds like you should consider yourself one of the lucky ones if that is what they offered you. The contact I spoke with first told me that they couldn't go over the $40 fee and I just stood my ground and told her that was fine if she couldn't pay more than that but I knew that my expertise and time was worth more than $40. It wasn't worth me leaving my husband and son at home on Saturday night.

They also wanted me to call back after the closing was complete. I had never heard of such a thing. I would like to think that they do it for protection to see if the signing agent made it safely there and if the agent left the BR home safely. However, I get the impression that the main reason is to make sure the papers are being signed.

Reply by Denise Maza on 3/28/05 3:38pm
Msg #28059

I agree with you, if everyone stands their ground, we can make a difference, i would not have don't it either, my lowest is $65.00

Reply by Me on 3/28/05 6:10pm
Msg #28096

If you go to their web site & you are in their data base you will see when the checks are sent out. I don't do any work for them anymore, but they always paid & you can keep track of it on their web site. You can call them and ask about their web site access. It does give alot of information you would like to know. JMO.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.