Notary Rotary
Nationwide Appraisal
Notary Discussion History

Nationwide Appraisal
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 3/2/05 9:10pm
Msg #23351

Nationwide Appraisal

I don't do a bunch of signings for them, but I've done my share. Just got a call for a Saturday signing. I said I was available and asked if it would be overnighted or e-docs? She asked what both of my rates were. I wanted to say "look at your records" but instead I said "my rates are what they've been for previous overnights and e-docs I've completed for them." She said, but what are they? When I quoted them, she said "oh, we don't pay anything like that. Goodbye."

She didn't say what they've cut their rates to, but I'm sure there will be someone that will accept them -- just not me.

Reply by Hampton/CA on 3/2/05 9:50pm
Msg #23361

I'm in their system at $100 and they stopped using me when they dropped to $80, but I've done 5 this year at my regular rate, which they refer to when they call. There Citibank Helocs are easy, but I've read that they've questioned if all the docs are there when they get it back. So I've resorted to making a copy of the finished set to refer to if that should happen to me.

I'm doing a 54 page Chase loan tomorrow with a boatload of faxbacks. I plan to cram the whole thing into the fax machine and press send. Easier than trying to figure out what to send and what not to.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/3/05 4:13am
Msg #23392

I do a ton of Citibank closings for them, sometimes 20 a week and I get $100-125. Sometimes they ask me to do ones 2 hours away and I quote my fee and they always pay me the extra. I only go 25 miles for $100, anything over that I quote them. So far no problem.
There were a few times that they said no, then they could not get anyone else and they had to cancel the closing. I told them they should have agreed to my fee to begin with and they would not have had to cancel and reschedule.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/3/05 7:30am
Msg #23401

For e-docs, my fee is $100. Still don't know if these were e-docs or ovenights. She simply said, "no, we don't pay anything like that." Apparently, they have different prices for different locations. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Doing a search, there are messages where others have been asked to lower their fees, too.

Reply by Traci/MD on 3/3/05 8:06am
Msg #23409

Do the schedulers get a kick backs for finding the cheapest closer? I had two calls from same company within an hour apart, for different signings one paid my fee the other told me he could not approve.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.