Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Negrete's Notary Service Inc. (Sign Up Page)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Negretes Notary Service on 3/7/05 4:59pm
Msg #24158

I think that Debbie from NJ is looking at the agreement that is posted on my site. Yes it does say that I pay $55 to closers. What she didnt read was that all prices are negotioable depending on distance and all other factors that go with a signing.

Maybe Debbie should read a little further into the agreement, or maybe she just doesnt like working for a reputable company. Sorry Debbie but I will make sure that I DONT call you for closings in NJ, where by the way I just have aquired a new Acct.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/7/05 6:53pm
Msg #24192

Tony,

With all due respect (and I mean that honestly as I have read this board for a long time and do believe that you wish and probably do treat notaries well) I think one you are overreacting to Debbie's comments and secondly may be shortchanging yourself. For all I know (and probably you too) she may well be a very excellent notary and might well do an excellent job for you.

And please keep in mind that she was only expressing an opinion. And I think it is beneficial for all concerned, for all who read this board, if people believe that they can be honest in their reactions and opinions, as that fosters a free exchange of ideas. Maybe she should have read further; I don't know.

Conceivably with the passage of time, you will reconsider your present position.

Reply by Anthony J Negrete on 3/7/05 7:27pm
Msg #24204

I most likely will, thanks for the insite to this post.

Reply by Proud on 3/7/05 10:47pm
Msg #24253

I am glad to see the response to this thread. You two expressed yourselves honorably and intelligently.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/8/05 8:04am
Msg #24319

Re: Tony, one other thought

Tony,

As mentioned, I had one other thought. I think you should ponder the following: Ok, Debbie got to the part about $55 and didn't read any further. How many other nsa's are reading down to that point and then going no further? Conceivably you are missing out on quite a few qualified, capable nsa's just because of how the write-up is structured.

So I believe there are some potential very positive ramifications of this whole episode. Please keep in mind that the preceding thoughts are intended to be constructive in nature.

Reply by Art_MD on 3/8/05 8:08am
Msg #24321

Re: In which states do you have closings? n/m

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 3/8/05 6:22am
Msg #24305

Ted:

Again, thanks for standing up for me. I really appreciate it. I think this entire thread was taken a bit too far (but that's just my opinion).

Debbie

Reply by Mike/NJ on 3/8/05 12:20am
Msg #24292

I have not read your contract, but if all fees are negotioable why list $55 dollar fee? In NJ I bet you don't find anyone to step out the door for no less then $65-75 dollars and for that town only.

I have read many contracts with SS and there not worth signing. IMHO

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 3/8/05 6:24am
Msg #24306

Mike:

Thanks for standing up for me. If you read my reply to Tony, I also stated that he might want to rethink his contract and instead of putting the $55 fee in there just put that "the fees will be negotiated between Negretes and the Signing Agent".

I appreciate you backing me up like this.

Debbie

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 3/8/05 6:21am
Msg #24303

I am very sorry. You are right. Further down into the Independent Contractor Agreement it does say "Rates are negotiable". I was basing my response on the board to the fact that in the second line of the Independent Contractor Agreement it states, "Negrete's Notary Services agrees to pay _______ the sum of $55.00* for handling each set of loan documents unless determined to be a simultaneous closing of which $30.00 will be disbursed for the 2nd set." And at the bottom of the first page it states "Fees" and again states $55.00 as payment for a "single appointment completed". I continued to read the agreement and did find the line saying "Rates are negotiable". Please understand that we Signing Agents read a lot of Independent Contractor Agreements. Usually if I see something in the Agreement that I don't like (like the $55 fee), I don't bother to continue reading the Agreement. That was my mistake. However, and this is just a suggestion, maybe you could put the "Rates are negotiable" in that first sentence after you state that $55 is the rate for a signing. I have signed a lot of Independent Contractor Agreements where they don't state any rate at all and instead just say that the rates will be negotiated between the company and the Signing Agent. I'm sorry I didn't read the entire Independent Contractor Agreement. That was my mistake. I will call you later to apologize in person.

However, I didn't think it was very professional of you to attack my character or my skills as a notary/signing agent. I am an excellent notary/signing agent and I know what I'm doing. I would never go to a borrower's home and when they ask what the interest rate is tell them the APR rather than the actual rate! I just didn't think it was necessary for you to attack my abilities as a signing agent just because I didn't read the entire agreement to find the one line that says "rates are negotiable" after seeing $55.00 as your fee twice in the agreement.

In addition, I don't think badly of your company. It's just that people on this board keeps telling all of us not to accept $50 signings because that would bring the market price down for everyone. Then I saw in your agreement that you pay $55 so I wondered why everyone said you "pay so well".

It's up to you if you want to call me for a signing or not. However, if you decide not to, you would be losing a valuable, experienced, and dependable signing agent just because I didn't read your entire agreement and see that one line that states that your "rates are negotiable".

As I stated previously, I will call you to apologize for not reading the entire agreement and seeing the one line ("Rates are negotiable") at the bottom of the page. Hopefully you will apologize too for inferring that I am not a good signing agent just because I didn't read your entire agreement.

I'll call you later today but I wanted people who read my first post to be able to read this post so they know that it was my fault for not reading the entire agreement. Hopefully we can get this resolved when I call you and we can move on from here (whether we do business together or not).

Debbie

Reply by Negretes Notary Service on 3/8/05 8:24am
Msg #24326

Thanks Debbie for taking the time to read my contract. I do pay more than the $55 to most of my agents. I will await your call.

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/8/05 9:07am
Msg #24339

May I ask, do you ever hire notaries with less then 1 year experience, but who have taken a NSA course and hold certification as such? I had applied with your company 2 months ago, and have not heard a word back and was wondering if the reason is the lack of experience. Your response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.