Notary Rotary
New notary in N. Virginia would like to network with others
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by jj_in_va on 3/30/05 1:45pm
Msg #28574

I am new to this business and would like to know if there are any other Northern Virginia notaries out there that would be interested in networking?

Reply by Amanda-VA on 3/30/05 3:12pm
Msg #28594

Do you have a real estate background?

Reply by AndreeaMI on 3/30/05 4:29pm
Msg #28613

Do you have to have a real estate background to be a signing agent?

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/30/05 4:31pm
Msg #28615

Re: New notary in N. Virginia would like to network with oth

Not necessarily, but if you have a background of Mortgage Lending, R.E., or R E Law, it can help the learning curve greatly. Also, I would recommend that before you do signings that you really get good with your notary law and how to fill out the certificates.

Reply by AndreeaMI on 3/30/05 4:42pm
Msg #28622

Question for you Brenda.
What if the borrower goes to his bank and has the papers signed by a notary there? Here in MI the service of a notary at the bank, it's free!

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/30/05 4:46pm
Msg #28623

Assuming that the borrower wanted to do that they could encounter problems, but maybe not.

In Tx, it would be hard to get a notary to sit still for the 15 - 20 certificates that have to be filled out in a bank, but I suppose it is doable.

The signing agent/notary acts as a trained person who can help them sign the documents without missing important areas that have to be signed and get them packaged up and returned.

Getting the docs back is also a challenge to those who are not Fedex / Ups savvy. Believe it or not, there are people that this is very intimidating to.

Is this what you wanted to know?

Reply by AndreeaMI on 3/30/05 4:56pm
Msg #28629

Thanks Brenda.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/30/05 6:15pm
Msg #28655

Andreaa,

To elaborate a bit upon what Brenda is saying, I would imagine that it would help to be a customer of the bank in question to use the services of a notary there. In addition, keep in mind that notaries at banks are only there during banking hours, and I presume from my experience (people calling me to notarize one page or two page documents) that conceivably they prefer the convenience of a mobile notary.

Reply by jj_in_va on 3/30/05 4:36pm
Msg #28618

I am a real estate agent

Reply by jj_in_va on 3/30/05 4:35pm
Msg #28617

Yes, I am a Real Estate Agent.

Reply by Hank-VA on 3/30/05 5:26pm
Msg #28640

jj

I am Northern VA and interested in networking. I have been a notary for over a year and completed aprox 100 or so signing. Send me an e-mail.

Reply by jj_in_va on 3/31/05 10:13am
Msg #28812

Hello Hank-VA,

I am in Northern Virginia (Alexandria, VA), and I am just getting started and have only done signing in my office, I would like to know more about the rotary-notary business, so I welcome any information you or anyone else has to offer.

Thank you!

Reply by Stephen_VA on 3/30/05 8:43pm
Msg #28697

Where are you in Northern VA? I'm in Richmond, since our areas probably only overlap at the very extremes networking could work well for us. My profile has my e-mail.

I am relatively new in the NSA business but I have a few years of experience in real estate transactions from a programming perspective. I used to work for Land America working on one of their in-house order management systems and I worked on their system that is used for signings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.