Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Monile Notary/ Calif on 3/20/05 2:18am
Msg #26507

I have been trying to get my name out there and siging up for all sorts of sites... I know it takes a while to get started,,, but HOW LONG??? I know no one can give me an exact time but maybe people can give me some sort times it took you? It would sure make me feel better intead of feeling like it is never going to happen...

Reply by Joseph_CA on 3/20/05 7:24am
Msg #26510

Where in CA are you located at? Some areas are very saturated with NP

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 3/20/05 8:29am
Msg #26518

I am in Florida and the market might be different as well as the number of notary/SA in my area might be different as well. However I started signing up with companies in early February and I got my first assignment at the end of February. I have done 2-3 signing per week since then and I am hoping the end of month will be really busy! I have two scheduled for Monday so far.

I have found that I am getting more business from companies finding my name on this site and others have have posted my services on then from the SS companies I signed up with!

Reply by newbie on 3/20/05 3:06pm
Msg #26539

I have signed up with so many companies,, sent out faxes,, mailed flyers and business cards,, I think once I get my foot in someones door,, hopefully more will open,, I have also joined all these notary sights...

Reply by Newbie on 3/20/05 3:04pm
Msg #26538

In Riverside Calif,, I think there are ALOT here

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 3/20/05 8:36am
Msg #26519

California over run with NSAs ...

Remember, you are in the home state of the NNA.

From my friends on the west coast who established themselves years ago,

1. There is A LOT of competion and more competition every day. New Notaries and NSAs hoping for a new full-time, flexible career or need part-time income to meet expenses. The classes to become an NSA or "certified" NSA, so it is easy for anyone to enter this industry from the comfort of their living room.

2. It could take three months, six months, or you could get a call right away. It will depend on how many established, experienced NSAs are in your area and what their minimum fee is.

Just keep your cell on 24/7 and hope for the best. Schedulers usually 1)call the NSAs that they know first (i.e., perfect packages and always available), 2) if not available, next down the call list with experience with the company, and 3) last the new person closest to the signing on the list or the person that will undercut all the other NSAs fees. This is why you read about fees dropping from $125 to $100 to $75 to $50 to $45 to $40 and as low as $35. NSAs cutting their fees in order to get any work at all (food on the table and a roof over their head).

Sadly, the best way to get work is to undercut all your competion by offering cut throat rates. Check your budget and costs to see what your minimum profit margin to survive is or how long you can operate at a loss. I DO NOT recommend this. I DO NOT do this. Unfortunately, it is the way this industry is turning as lenders, title companies, and signing companies are also cutting their costs to survive.

You are in a competitive market and in what appears to be one of the most competitive states. I read from the boards that there are CA NSAs who have plenty of work and turning down assignments. I wish you luck. Keeping signing up with any company that you can find and do follow up marketing to keep you name active.

Reply by Newbie on 3/20/05 3:09pm
Msg #26540

Re: California over run with NSAs ...

Thank you so much for your email,,, It gives me HOPE... I am not out there to cut anyone out of a job,,i think there is enough work for everyone,, especially here in Calif!!!
Thank you

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/20/05 2:03pm
Msg #26534

Commissioned since November, marketing myself daily and no calls at all!!! I have about given up hope.

Reply by Newbie on 3/20/05 3:10pm
Msg #26541

Dont give up,, I am not going to give up... Where in Calif are you?
Are you gonig to the Las Vegas Convention,, I understand it is good also for new notaries???

Reply by dorisette/CA on 3/20/05 3:13pm
Msg #26543

Could you give me more information about the Convention in Las Vegas. Where is it ect...? I am a newbie. Never had a signing yet so it might help me.

Reply by Newbie on 3/20/05 3:19pm
Msg #26545

Its a convention in Las vegas, I beleive it is in May, but If you go into the NNA website, it is listed there,,, If you dont find it,, put your email address in the next message and I will email it to you... I think it is like 4 days...

Reply by Doris on 3/20/05 3:33pm
Msg #26546

Convention

What is NNA? My e-mail address is [e-mail address]. Thank you for your help

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 3/20/05 4:03pm
Msg #26547

Re: Convention - Link to info

NNA = National Notary Association
The link for the confernce is: http://www.nationalnotary.org/conf/index.cfm?text=conf2005

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/20/05 7:28pm
Msg #26565

Re: Convention

Who are you certified through?

Reply by Doris on 3/20/05 8:31pm
Msg #26569

Re: Convention

I am certified from Notaryclasses.com in California.
Is someone have any informaion on the Las Vegas Convention?

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 3/20/05 9:51pm
Msg #26571

DORIS... here is the link for the NNA Convention AGAIN

Doris,
I gave you the link to the convention just above. Evidently you missed it, so here it is again.

http://www.nationalnotary.org/conf/index.cfm?text=conf2005

I believe you have to be a member of the NNA (National Notary Association) to register and attend.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 3/21/05 7:17am
Msg #26593

NNA Convention - can attend if not an NNA member ...

You can attend the conference if you are not an NNA member.
I believe the conference fee includes a one-year membership.

As posted, go to the public NNA site link and read all about it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.