Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Kodi21_NH on 3/29/05 8:12pm
Msg #28397

Hello, I'm a new notary in New Hamphsire and I would like to know if there are any NH notaries out there who can give me a few pointers on how to get notarizing jobs. I was wondering if someone could give me some advise on how to get started. Should I take any course? What kind of insurance should I get. WHo do I sign up with etc. I'll appreciate if someone has any information.

Reply by Melanie~~MS on 3/29/05 10:48pm
Msg #28420

You can find out how many notaries are in your state by going to the Secretary of State's website for your state.

You can type in a search engine, NOTARIES and list with 123notary.com and this site too. You can also go to Notarybeware.com and look at the companies which have been rated by other notaries, that is a good place to start.

Good Luck.

Victoria Ring is a good example, search for her website too.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/29/05 11:06pm
Msg #28425

Melanie
Unfortunately not all states list their notaries public on their S.O.S website.

Reply by Melanie on 3/29/05 11:18pm
Msg #28427

Good thing to know Sylvia, our state does. I didn't know that, therefore, I thank you.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/29/05 11:41pm
Msg #28432

Umm, "Victoria Ring is a ...

... good example" of what?

(I'm dying to hear the answer to this one!)

Reply by Kodi21_NH on 3/30/05 9:19am
Msg #28482

Melanie, thanks for your input. I looked into Victoria Ring's web site and found it very informative. I'll probably order couple of books she suggests

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/30/05 12:46pm
Msg #28558

Kodi, et al,

While I will admit that Victoria Ring's website is truly "very informative", I must caution you to proceed with care. As many others will agree, and some may even disagree, Victoria Ring is great at promotions and marketing. That is her forte. However, her technical expertise with computers and peripherals, and her knowledge of signings (and of performing as a Notary and Signing Agent) leave much to be desired. I cannot comment about her prowess in the bankruptcy/paralegal field as I know nothing about it.

Just read and verify what you read before proceeding down the primrose path.

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/30/05 12:48pm
Msg #28559

*Just read and verify what you read before proceeding down the primrose path.*

That's excellent advice for every notary getting information from anywhere other than from their own state's laws.

Reply by Jon on 3/30/05 11:00pm
Msg #28739

While I haven't read any of her books, I have browsed her site and read much of the information on it. The information on her website is full of incorrect information. Based on the website, I would not buy any of her material.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.