Notary Rotary
Non Compete Question
Notary Discussion History

Non Compete Question
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Lisa/WI on 3/8/05 8:47am
Msg #24334

Non Compete Question

Just curious to knows if title comps and/or lenders have to sign a contract with the SS comps, not to solicit US if we do the work thru the SS. And if anyone has added their own agreement to a contract for a SS stating they will not comply with "their non compete agreement" if approached by a said title comp/lender, but do agree with all other parts of the agreement. I dont mind signing a contract under good circumstances between all parties involved, but if a title comp/lender wants to hire me direct, I would think there would be a way right from the initial contract with the SS to keep everybody happy.

Reply by Stephen/VA on 3/8/05 9:10am
Msg #24340

There shouldn't be any harm in simply asking to modify the noncompete. They either will or they won't, and it will be based on how reasonable your modification is. You should also be very aware to notify the Company of any prior relationships you have. You may even want to introduce yourself to as many title companies as possible, even if they are not going to hire you now, so you can inform the signing services you have a prior relationship.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/8/05 9:19am
Msg #24342

This topic was discussed a month or two back on both boards. There were pro & cons discussed, and everyone pretty much agreed that they could not hold you to such an agreement. Do a search if you want to.

Reply by sue on 3/8/05 3:33pm
Msg #24380

Are you nuts? I've worked for hundreds of title companies. There is no way I'd give any signing service that might or might not hire me a list of their names.

Reply by Stephen/VA on 3/8/05 6:28pm
Msg #24421

The person asked for info re: non-competes. The number 1 way to make them irrelevant is to say "I have previous relationships with x,y,z." They are nearly irrelevant anyway.

Are you under the impression that when the signing company got your secret list of title companies... that would change something? I'm curious what you think it would effect?

Reply by sue on 3/9/05 7:39am
Msg #24493

I'm in PA. I give my active title company list to XYZ Signing. They now know what title companies are active in my area. Signing services have fulltime people out there searching for business. Why in the world would they continue to do random cold calls when I'm giving them a list of companies that use outside closers. MANY companies don't use outside closers. The signing services go through huge lists and many contacts before even getting companies to talk to them. I for one am not handing them a list. Apparently you've never been burned by a title company/signing service. I have.

Reply by WILLIE VA on 3/8/05 4:30pm
Msg #24399

DO YOU HAVE CRESPA? IF YOU DO, HOW DID YOU GET IT AND DID YOU NEED IT?

Reply by Lisa/WI on 3/8/05 7:21pm
Msg #24428

OK-Now you guys have totally lost me. Excuse my ignorance, but what the h@#$ is a CRESPA and what does it have to do with my question if anything at all.

Reply by Lisa/WI on 3/8/05 7:26pm
Msg #24429

I found it in a search. To the person who asked if I need it, Im not sure but will be finding out.

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/8/05 7:29pm
Msg #24430

Lisa - you don't need CRESPA it's a VA thing n/m

Reply by Lisa/WI on 3/8/05 7:33pm
Msg #24433

Re: Lisa - you don't need CRESPA it's a VA thing n/m

Thanks Brenda. I wasnt quite sure if he was asking me something legit or if I had something contagious!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.