Notary Rotary
Notaries and Title Companies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 3/8/05 10:00am
Msg #24347

I just started posting here and I am a new Signing Agent doing business as an IC in SW Florida but again not new to the business.

I have seen some posts on here about some of you getting work directly from national and local title companies. I have sent out so many flyers and letters to local title companies with my resume and letter offering my services as an IC. I worked for Mortgage Co, Title Co and Attorneys in NY so I can not only do the loan signing portion but I can also handle all title work start to finish. I can't commit to full time permanent employment with these companies but it seems none of them use IC's? I have actually had some call me to come in to interview but they all want the full time employees not IC's. It just doesn't make sense, they are all so busy, this area of Florida is booming! I would think they would want an IC because they do not have to carry another employee for tax purpose, benefits etc. You would think this would be cost effective to them.

Anyone have any insight on this or how I could get started. Some of these title companies do not even know IC Notary/Signing Agents even exist!

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/8/05 3:15pm
Msg #24376

Nancy,

It seems you are continually butting your head against a brick wall, so to speak. Why not just go through the open door that exists along that wall and enter the universe of non-local title companies and lenders, etc.? With your background, it would seem that they would be interested, particularly in light of your statement that there is so much activity in the area.

Reply by Becca_FL on 3/8/05 3:58pm
Msg #24387

Nancy,

Call or email me. Just click on the Blue Becca/FL (Author) to be linked to my profile. I know what you are running into and would be happy to share some ideas with you, as well as leads.

Becca

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 3/8/05 5:09pm
Msg #24411

Nancy:

My situation closely matches yours. I worked 20 years in the business. I am a Notary 6 mos. Started career in a title company and then real estate lawyers. I actually prepared closing documents i.e. HUDs, mortgages, so I have no trouble explaining same. Signed up with hundreds of loan signing companies, as a signer and also title searching. Can anyone in NE PA provide assistance to me? My business is soooooo slow right now. HELP. Why am I not getting called.?

Reply by Jackie in PA on 3/8/05 5:29pm
Msg #24416

see previous response I sent as Nancy in Florida. Sorry Nancy in Florida. I'm Jackie in PA. As this is my first post, I of course, messed it up. If anyone has advice for me (regarding how to obtain work from these loan signing companies, I'd appreciate it. My experience speaks volumes. THANKS TO ALL.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.