Notary Rotary
Notary Agreement
Notary Discussion History

Notary Agreement
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Alabama on 3/28/05 11:31am
Msg #28005

Notary Agreement

Does anyone have a agreement they make the title companies/signing services sign?
I would love to have a written agreement for all the what if's. I bet they wouldn't sign one because if I had fees for late docs, cancellation and the other stuff that is unexspected I would make a lot more money.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/28/05 12:57pm
Msg #28020

Hello,

The SS companies usually have an agreement for you to sign.

My advice is that you obviously read through it. Sometimes if you see something that you don't agree with, then you can make a REQUEST to change it.

Remember though, it's like a lease to an apartment; if you don't agree to it, then you don't move in.

Have a good day.

======
Korey

Reply by melissaNV on 3/28/05 10:33pm
Msg #28134

do most agreements contain the clause about not soliciting the title company for a year?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/28/05 11:58pm
Msg #28146

Such a non-solicitation agreement is reasonable, IMHO.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/29/05 12:25am
Msg #28147

This has been discussed in here before. If I recall correctly there were several people who said they've sent agreements to signing services, but I don't think anybody every acknowledged getting one signed and returned.

To me it's just another way to flag yourself as a difficult notary to these companies and is likely to cost you business. Ultimately the ethical companies are going to pay you and the unethical ones aren't going to care what sort of agreement they signed with you (assuming you could actually get one of them to sign it in the first place).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.