Notary Rotary
Notary Pro
Notary Discussion History

Notary Pro
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Moose on 3/27/05 1:27am
Msg #27899

Notary Pro

Have you printed docs for Notary Pro and had the signing canceled? They pay $50 for the signing and $25 for e-docs. Yet, if the signing is canceled and you have already printed the docs they only pay $15 for the e-docs. What gives????? Has anyone successfully demanded $25 for the e-docs if the signing is canceled? I hate how cheap this SS is yet they give me an average of 6 signings a week. I don't want to loose the income but I really hate getting screwed! Suggestions????????

Reply by Becca/FL on 3/27/05 1:57am
Msg #27901

I "lost" the income and replaced it with companies that were willing to pay me what I am worth.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/27/05 7:38am
Msg #27909

Moose,

I think you have to consider the following question: Ok, now what percentage of the signings that I do for them cancel? If it is a small percentage, I think you should just swallow your pride and keep on trucking, so to speak. I appreciate that there is a principle involved and their actions in this regard are not real logical, but by the same token I don't think you want to cut off your nose to spite your face.

I travelled a distance to a signing and the borrowers balked. The e-docs fee was fine but the trip fee was puny. Now did I take the attitude that I will never work for this company again (that signing was the first)? No, I requested that they send me a whole lot more business. Hopefully, they will and everything will balance out (and there won't be many more recalcitrant borrowers).

Reply by Manny/CA on 3/27/05 10:54am
Msg #27920

Dreamer!

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/28/05 12:57am
Msg #27966

Notary Pro found me through this site as Maryland Notaries need to be Licensed Title Producers in order to close loans.

I had a crazy situation with them last week. I had three packages to be closed on the same day for th same lender. Notary Pro email's me a confirmation for all three and says that all three packages are to be returned to Notary Pro.

Two of the three packages were EDOCS. The first page that prints out tells the Notary (me), immediately after closing I should send the docs to the Title Company. I thought this was a little odd... but a pre-printed FEDEX label was attached to the EDOCS addressed to the Title Company with my name and address as the return address. NOW - the third loan comes in overnighted from the Title Company with a FEDEX envelope & label to be returned to the Title Company.

LOW and BEHOLD - I receive a call from Notary Pro's Post Closing Dept on my cell phone and at first when the gal started asking me why the package was sent to Michigan and not to CA -- I had no clue. I told her that I would need to review my confirmation sheet etc and return call. I came home and reviewed and couldn't figure out how I goofed up. Luckily the DOCS which were emailed were still in my Delete Files of Outlook - so I took a look printed them out and called Notry Pro.....

The gal who spoke to me was lost as to why there would be 2 contridicting instructions to the Notary..... I told her that both EDOCS had the same request along with preprinted shipping label AND the docs which were overnighted had an envelope along with label attached (also to the Title Company)...... GET THIS.....

She puts me on hold because she's more confused than I am..... her boss "Alex" gets to the phone and starts blowing me out of the water and says that I did not read my confirmation. If I did, I would have known to send the docs to Notary Pro. I told him that yes, the confirmation did say return the docs to Notary Pro -- BUT all three files indicated otherwise and I had copies of the labels which were in the package along with Notary Closing Instructions etc... Alex became infurriated and said that he didn't care if the packages Notary Instructions were "written in blood" (his exact words) and that I do not know how to follow instructions.

I told him that he wasn't talking to someone who started yesterday... I've been doing closings since 1986 and pretty much know how to follow intructions -- and told him that these instructions were contradicting.

He told me that $25 dollars would be deducted from each sigining and that there would be three (3) strikes out of five allowable against me in my profile with the. Once I hit five -- they toss me.

Now.... my question is.... Notary Pro has always met my fee in Maryland..... a friend suggests that I wait til things cool off and try to reason with him again. -- what do you guys think???

Reply by Art_MD on 3/28/05 6:55am
Msg #27973

Re: Paul, where are you in MD n/m

Reply by Paul/MD on 3/28/05 10:02am
Msg #27987

Re: Paul, where are you in MD n/m

Art - a few miles SE of Baltimore -- Glen Burnie, MD

Reply by Art_MD on 3/28/05 10:05am
Msg #27989

Re: Paul

periodically I get calls for AA county. If you give me contact info, I may have a referral once in a while. I'm in queenstown - 12 mi east of bay bridge. (wife is from Pasadena)

Art

Reply by Jeanie on 3/28/05 8:31am
Msg #27981

Re: Notary Pro - Paul

Hi Paul,

I have done many signings for NotaryPro and have never been instructed to ship docs back to them, always shipped to the title company. However, whenever I receive conflicting instructions I call the SS so they can confirm which way to go. I always document who I spoke with their extention number and the time and date.

I'm in the Orlando area and never gotten them to pay more than $50, what do they pay you in Maryland?

Reply by Janique Curry - Grantwriting Solutions and Ideas on 3/28/05 4:10pm
Msg #28067

Hi~
I was considering relocating to MD at some point and I was not aware that any special licenses were required for a Notary in that state. I had also at one time considered ATL but since they are an attorney only state I can not even consider it now. Can you provide me with some information on the requirements for MD - Thanks!!

Reply by Janneen/CA on 3/29/05 3:02pm
Msg #28292

Re: Notary Pro - Taken form gomobile post

I have spent time today to investigate these allegations made by Paul Jagnisz/MD.
I have gone to our achieved orders and printed them to see what the confusion was about and most of all to get to the bottom of this. This is what I have found: Firstly, Paul/MD was given 3 assignments as he stated, however, 2 (edocs) were to the same lender in CA and 1 (overnight) was to another lender in MI. As anyone knows that works with NotaryPro, our e-mail docs packages do not have a return labels in the e-mail. What I determined Paul/MD was referring to is the EXAMPLE document inside the e-doc closing instructions that shows an agent how to complete a UPS form correctly so that additional charges are not incurred. The word EXAMPLE is clearly written across the form. This is not were you send documents to. The order confirmation form for these 2 edocs clearly states where to ship to. It clearly shows the CA location. The overnight documents clearly show on the signing request where to ship to AND had a return envelope back to the correct address in MI. One more thing, both of these lenders only use UPS and not FEDEX. Again, most of you that have done signings for us can vouch for the fact that we never ask for a full set of signed loan documents to come back to NotaryPro! They always go to the lender or their escrow company per the instructions on the order form.

Other allegations Paul/MD made are also not true. The quote he alledges are his words and are far from the truth of the matter. The 2nd e-mail post is totally fictional. Rest assured that I personally investigate any complaints regarding NotaryPro. I strongly advise Paul to call me if he wants to discuss this matter any further.

Reply by RED on 3/28/05 3:15pm
Msg #28053

Re: Notary Pro

Reply by Red on 3/28/05 3:30pm
Msg #28056

I am paid 85.00 for edocs and 35.00 at the table cancellation. I have yet had a borrower cancel at the table because of the three day right to cancel. Sometimes Notary Pro will call and ask if I can do edocs for less although I know they are looking at my profile when they call me and I reply with "I always recieve $85.00 for edocs with your company and if you would like me to handle this signing for you this will be my fee". It just goes to show you that we all must communicate and ban together. The reason why they are using you so often is because you are not charging enough. I hope this has helped you, good luck!!

Reply by DorisCA on 3/29/05 2:02am
Msg #28151

Could you explain more? You are charging 85 for edocs. Is that include the signing? What do you mean wy 35.00 at the table cancellation?
Thanks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.