Notary Rotary
Paw_Fl printer help again
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCA on 3/24/05 12:51pm
Msg #27446

I have upgraded my 1320 to a 1320 TN I did all you said in this post but I guess I am not set up correctly I print only legal. What can I look for now to change? By the way I am expecting your bill Smiley
Anyone care to voice their exp. with the 1320TN set up is welcome.

Re: Setting default paper tray for HP 1320TN
Posted by PAW_Fl on 3/13/05 4:54pm
Msg #25291 from logged in user

What application are you printing from? Word, Adobe Reader, Word(im)Perfect, notepad????

If using Adobe, be sure to check the select source by PDF paper size.

Download (http://www.pawnotary.com/documents/testfeed.pdf), do not run with the PDF Plug-In. Right click on the link and "save as" to your hard drive. Then print it using your Reader. It should print three pages, 1&3 on legal and page 2 on letter, if everything is set up correctly.

Reply by Carlos M. Davila on 3/24/05 1:07pm
Msg #27448

Hi Della, until our resident printer guru Paw_Fl gets here, did you go into your toolbox, click on the device settings, then click on where it says paper handling??? You can set up your paper trays on there. I see you took the plunge also and bought a 1320tn huh????

Reply by DellaCA on 3/24/05 1:31pm
Msg #27456

Hi Carlos ,Yes I did I loved the 1320 but I wanted the second large tray. I just finished going into the tool box and yes that did it! Thanks ,do you have a problem with the orange light coming on before its finished printing? Sometimes this happens and will only finish if I press the start button on top.Can't figure out this one ,all I can find on this is clear paper path (it is clear) os door is open ( not).
Paws Thank you so much for that link.
Della

Reply by carlosnyc on 3/24/05 1:45pm
Msg #27460

Yes that's the problem I'm also having. That darn orange light keeps coming on and in my case it won't finish printing sometimes. I'm still trying to figure it out too. I only seem to have this problem with pdf files though.

Reply by DellaCA on 3/24/05 2:22pm
Msg #27467

How odd , the same thing happened with the 1320 I trade up from also but only sometimes could not pin it down to any one thing. Maybe some one else will post something about it.I think I will try hp soon for help its a pain when it happens.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/24/05 2:23pm
Msg #27468

Hi,
I recently posted with the same problem for my 1320tn. What you need to do is go into tools set tray 1 (which is actually your manual feed) to envelope, etc. Tray 2 should be set for letter size and tray 3 (which is your bottom tray) should be set for legal. After you download PAW's test file and make your PDF settings, all will be fine. Do a search for 1320tn default, you'll see my post from 2 weeks ago along with PAW's response and another fellow's response who actually set me straight on the settings.
Great printer!
Good luck!

Reply by DellaCa on 3/24/05 2:50pm
Msg #27474

Thank you Jhon the tray problem is taken care of the question now is why does the orange light come on when nothing is wrong? Have you had this happen also ?

Reply by Dave_CA on 3/24/05 3:19pm
Msg #27480

I've seen this in two situations.
1. Toner low - This is the 3rd light from the front.

2. Manual Feed or Continuable Error - this is the 2nd light
This state can be reached in the following circumstances:
Manual feed
Out of paper for the specified tray
General continuable error
Memory configuration error
Personality/Job related error

You should also note that your print settings will be only for the current job or permanent depending on how you set them. (see below)

Printer Properties control the printer. You can change the default settings, such as media size and type, printing multiple pages on a single sheet of media (N-up printing), resolution, and watermarks. You can access the printer Properties in the following ways:

Through the software application that you are using to print. This only changes the settings for the current software application.

Through the Windows operating system. This changes the default settings for all future print jobs.

Note Because many software applications use a different method of accessing the printer Properties, the following section describes the most common methods used in Windows 98, 2000, Me, and Windows XP.

To only change the settings for the current software application
Note Although the steps can vary between software applications, this is the most common method.

From the File menu in the software application, click Print.

On the Print dialog, click Properties.

Change the settings, and click OK.

To change the default settings for all future print jobs in Windows 98, 2000, and Me
In the Windows task bar, click Start, select Settings, and click Printers.

Right-click the HP LaserJet 1160 or HP LaserJet 1320 series printer icon.

Click Properties (in Windows 2000, you can also click Printing Preferences).

Note In Windows 2000, many of these features are available from the Printing Preferences menu.

To change the default settings for all future print jobs in Windows XP
In the Windows task bar, click Start, and click Printers and Faxes.

Right-click the HP LaserJet 1160 or HP LaserJet 1320 series printer icon.

Click Properties, or click Printing Preferences.

Hope this helps.

Reply by John Gonzalez on 3/24/05 3:45pm
Msg #27483

Re: See Dave has the answer again! 1320TN Guru! n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 3/24/05 4:03pm
Msg #27488

Thank You Dave I still do not understand why this is happeneing,second light, Its not out of paper,what does continuable error mean?? If its Memory configuration error how would I know this?? Job related error I guess this has to do with the job I would be printing at the time. I'm bad at this stuff be patient with me. Do you know of a way to find out what and How????
Thanks

2. Manual Feed or Continuable Error - this is the 2nd light
This state can be reached in the following circumstances:
Manual feed
Out of paper for the specified tray
General continuable error
Memory configuration error
Personality/Job related error

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/24/05 5:21pm
Msg #27500

See, you really don't need to have me around. Besides, I don't have 1320 or 1320tn so I am at somewhat of a loss. However, from what I've been reading, if you have "tray 1" set incorrectly, when it looks to switch paper sizes, it may try to use "tray 1", which would need to be manually fed (being nothing there), thus the "continuable error 2nd light".

Of course, the preceding is purely speculation on my part.

Reply by DellaCA on 3/24/05 6:09pm
Msg #27508

Oh we still need you!!!

Reply by Dave_CA on 3/24/05 7:56pm
Msg #27529

Yes, we do still need PAW. And not only because I don't think I can come up with anything more to help as I've got to go back out.

I would call HP at 800-474-6836. They offer 24/7 support and I've generally found them to be very good.

I really learned more than I wanted when I first got the 1320 as there was a problem that we could not fix and they ended up sending me a new printer overnight. This was after a couple hours of troubleshooting.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/24/05 8:06pm
Msg #27531

HP also has a great forum of its own where users post problems/solutions.

Reply by carlosnyc on 3/24/05 11:15pm
Msg #27578

Paw_Fl we are always going to need you here. In fact I just think you hit the nail right on the head. I was getting the "feed manually" window while printing some docs. I have tray1 set for letter size paper, so i am going to change it right now and see if that helps.

Hey DellaCa I think we found our orange light problem, LOL

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/24/05 11:20pm
Msg #27581

Let me know if that "solves" the problem. Smiley

Reply by DellaCA on 3/25/05 12:20am
Msg #27585

I hope so I'm checking mine now also! Time will tell.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.