Notary Rotary
Penn West Home Equity
Notary Discussion History

Penn West Home Equity
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary Pierce on 3/1/05 6:06am
Msg #22992

Penn West Home Equity

I got a call from these guys yesterday to do a closing in my area. I think they usually use Statewide Document Services but the girl told me that apparantly they were "booked up" so they called me. When I talked to the girl in the closing department at Penn West she was surprised that I their scheduler had called me directly. In a short....I got the docs but never got a confirmation from them. I went ahead and did the closing because it was sort of a rush. Has anyone done work for them directly before? I also have to send the docs back DHL and the closest drop off point is in Elmira, NY which is about 45 mins. from me. I scheduled a pick up at my office where I work during the day. Hopefully they don't show up when I am at lunch. I don't have any DHL envelopes or shipping lablels. How many of you use DHL or have had to use them? Most companies use Fed Ex or UPS.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/1/05 9:48am
Msg #23008

One of the first things I did when I started doing this was to signup with all express mail companies. I can order supplies from all of themand they deliver to your door and print labels online. I carry an assortment of shipping supplies for Fedex, UPS ( both letter and legal envelopes) and tyvek and plastic envelopes for very large loan packages that wont fit in the cardboard envelope.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/1/05 11:29am
Msg #23043

Re: DHL for shipping

You may have known DHL as Airborne. DHL has worked OK for the docs I've sent, but I'm lucky enough to have a Mailboxes, Etc. clone literally within a mile of my home.

Reply by Mary Pierce on 3/1/05 12:04pm
Msg #23055

Re: DHL for shipping

Wish I had something like that near me...unfortunately I'm in the boonies.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/1/05 12:06pm
Msg #23058

Boonies may = little competition! n/m

Reply by Mary Pierce on 3/1/05 12:03pm
Msg #23054

Thanks....I did Fed Ex and UPS but never had a need for DHL or Airborne....guess I better sign up with them too.

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/2/05 2:06am
Msg #23204

I had Docs. delivered overniht by DHL, did not know they were the carrier at the time- but they would not drop package at my door like Fed-Ex and UPS do, (if your not there); you have to sign for them- or make appointment for re-delivery- etc.

Time sensitive docs.- for usnnn's- to have to sign- and be at home- . Wonder how many S/S know this? FWIW.

Reply by Mary Pierce on 3/4/05 7:24am
Msg #23581

They told me that I would send back DHL....I scheduled a pickup but the guy came when my office was closed for lunch....the SS approved me sending it back Fed Ex. I have now set up a DHL account. When I get overnight docs from lenders I have them send them to me at work. Usually someone is here to sign for them. Just turned out the other girl in my office didn't come in that day.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.