Notary Rotary
Question for DFW area notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Maggie/DFW on 3/7/05 1:42pm
Msg #24131

Hello everyone. I have been doing my research and after several days of pouring over this journal, I decided it was time to finally ask my question. My eyes are crossed now from all the reading though.

Anyways, I'm contemplating getting into this Signing agent business as a part-time gig and also as an additional service for my Appraiser/Developer employers in the Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX area. However, I've read a lot of comments about certain areas being saturated with Signing Agents. I've also heard people say that the market for this work will dry up a bit now that the interest rates are rising. What I want to know is, do you think our area is saturated already? And also since there is a HUGE trend in converting Apartment complexes over to Condominiums for sale in our area, do you think that the market for a Signing Agent is going to dry up anytime soon? I certainly don't want to spend my money investing in a part-time venture that will leave me high and dry. As well as I don't want to be a contributing factor in the saturation of our area. I'd like to hear what you all think.

Thanks,

Maggie ~Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/7/05 3:52pm
Msg #24147

Maggie,

I really do not know if anyone has the answer to your question but you can get some idea.
At this link are most of the notary databases that I know of. Search on your area and see what comes up. It has been my conclusion that Dallas/FW area and Houston do have quite a few NSAs.

http://www.texnotary.com/tooltime/notarysearch.htm

As far as apartment to condo conversion: In Texas, NSAs must have access to a title co or an attorney's office to do purchases or Helocs. I think this would be a purchase. You would need to plug into a title company or attorney office who did not mind you using their facility.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.