Notary Rotary
RE: "Hick" towns update
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Korey Humphreys on 3/5/05 8:25pm
Msg #23842

This update is for all of you who were wondering what the outcome was going to be.

Today (Saturday) I called the officer's supervisor. It turns out that the supervisor agrees with me and acknowledges that (1) the officer was interfering with my official duties and (2) the officer did try to intimidate me because the officer originally made a mistake, and instead of bruising his ego, he tried to make it sound like he was right.

The supervisor had sent me a letter of apology and requested that I go before him (supervisor) whereas he'll negotiate a remedy for the officer's interference. The supervisor does not want me to go to the court on Monday, however, he did say he'd have to agree with me, given the fact that he had issued an apology letter.

I was also congratulated for standing up for my office. Remember, we notaries in Massachusetts hold an important role within the judicial system. We're not just commissioned to witness signatures. We issue and enforce subpoenas, summonses, warrants, etc. We also continuously take and hear evidence for administrative agencies and the like. (Given, of course, if you are in the Legal side of the work, which in MA, most notaries are some kind of legal professional.)

This is why I made it a point to stress the fact that the officer is hyped up on his authority.

TO: CaliNotary..... let's see if you have any sense of respect. You've already made it clear by talking your hardass off in my other threads that you're not interested in this situation; THEREFORE, please keep your comments and never-ending criticism to yourself. This message is for those who wanted the update. HOWEVER, the well respected notaries who wanted an update, feel free to comment.

Reply by Lady/CA on 3/5/05 9:23pm
Msg #23852

Re: RE: "Hick" towns update-Board Spammiing

For gawd's sake enough already with the self-serving posts to boost either your own morale or your business, haven't figured out which has a higher priority at this point.

I consider the re-posting of your ongoing "dilemmas" to be board spamming. It's not serving anyone else's purposes but your own. Please stop spamming this important forum for learning.

Reply by stella on 3/5/05 9:40pm
Msg #23855

Re: RE: "Hick" towns update-Board Spammiing

Korey, you stood up for yourself and didn't back down. I congratulate you!

Reply by Ty_MN on 3/5/05 10:30pm
Msg #23866

Board Spammiing, my butt

Good for you Korey....my point made with my posts that you should stand up for yourself (maybe the others who "dogged" you will learn something)...thanks for the update and my congrats to you!

Reply by Stacy/CA on 3/5/05 10:56pm
Msg #23871

Congrats Korey!!!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/6/05 8:29am
Msg #23905

Korey, are you telling us that you have the authority to Issue and Inforce a warrant of arrest or what? How is it possible that you have the power of the courts.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/6/05 11:02am
Msg #23923

Upon the request of a Chief of Police, or a Seargeant, then may a Notary in Massachusetts issue a CAPIAS warrant (Civil). A warrant as described in MGL is an important notice.

Normally, we (notaries) issue (acknowledge) more suponea's and summonses then we do CAPIAS warrants of arrest.

We don't actually make an arrest. However, like in a citizens arrest, any public officer should detain and alert police until they arrive when reasonable.

Reply by Tess/ME on 3/6/05 8:36am
Msg #23907

Re: RE: "Hick" towns update-Right on Korey...

You go, Guy !

Reply by Ty_MN on 3/6/05 8:47pm
Msg #24021

MY update

Korey,

First of all, should this be a story you made up I agree with the rest of the poster on this board that you need help and should please leave the site. BUT, if not, I think you would be in the "right" to stand up for yourself. I have defended you and if this is a ruse, then I expect an apology and so does everyone else.

For my say so...as per ANY person who would be bullied I would defend them the same as to the fact that we all have the rights to NOT be bullied. I think that there are those on this board that need to take a look at the negativity that they so easily hand out and think about what they do to this forum because of it.

Reply by Ty_MN on 3/6/05 8:50pm
Msg #24022

Re: MY update--oops...computer entered by self

In addition to what I was say...to all those that I was negative to, I will apologize. If at all possible, unserstand that I was defending someone off of false information (or so it seems) and I would defend anyone who was put in that situation.

Thank you

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.