Notary Rotary
Search on Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Search on Notary Rotary
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Debbie/NJ on 3/13/05 6:30am
Msg #25229

Search on Notary Rotary

When I did a search for my zip code, I am at the top of the "Premier" list. There is a small map of my area and it has another person's name there who is is a city not even close to where I live (or my zip code). In addition, this person is listed pretty far down on the "basic" list. Why is her name on the little map? Does anyone know?

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/13/05 9:56am
Msg #25238

It could be because when you type in a zip code, usually people within your state, or within a fifty mile radius will show up.

If I type in my zip code, everyone listed from Massachusetts shows up. Take note of the approx. miles from your zip code each person is. Obviously the closer you are the better chances are that you'll be called besides the person 50 miles away.

If you paid for your listing, instead of utilizing the basic free membership, then your name will appear twice; once at the top, and within the list of other notaries. Hopefully this helped, if not, then somone more expirenced with this forum will explain it better.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/13/05 11:19am
Msg #25252

20 mi. Radius... sorry n/m

Reply by Anonymous on 3/13/05 3:39pm
Msg #25280

Re: Quit giving out false information. this is so untrue

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 3/14/05 4:55am
Msg #25322

The person's name that is on the map is FARTHER than I am! Plus, there are a lot of names for my zip code (including the fact that MY name is on the top of the list for that zip code) and yet this other person's name is on the map. And, yes, I did pay for my listing. Does anyone know why?

Reply by Claudia-NJ on 3/14/05 8:27am
Msg #25331

Debbie,

The same things happens when I do a search for my area - I get notaries from Staten Island because it falls within the 20 mi range. Also, if there aren't many people listed as premier in your are they'll list more of the basic memberships to afford the SS/Title CO/Etc as many options as possible.

Try narrowing your search to within a few miles 5-10 and see hwo many names come up.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/14/05 9:11am
Msg #25334

hmmmm...I did a search as well and it seems that I and the farthest away notary popped up on the map, she also has the basic membership.

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 3/15/05 6:01am
Msg #25480

I did a search for 10 miles (the lowest you can search for here) and still this woman's name shows up on the map!!! How can I get my name on the map???

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.