Notary Rotary
Servicelink
Notary Discussion History

Servicelink
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Tami on 3/17/05 6:11am
Msg #25943

Servicelink

Servicelink asked me to register with them. They first have alot of paperwork and rules. Also, in their contract it is written that they pay within 15 days of receipt of invoice-if the invoices are correct. However, at the same time they say to bill them ONCE a month for all closings that month. How can you pay within 15 days of bill receipt if you are only able to bill once a month? You may not know if you'll have other jobs from them that month.

They also pay for no shows, no funds and no signs on a case by case basis. They do not automatically pay for situations like that.

Any input would be much appreciated...thanks

Reply by Tami on 3/17/05 6:57am
Msg #25949

Okay I see now...I've just read past posts about them.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/17/05 7:03am
Msg #25951

I do not work for them anymore. I had 1 that had 30 pages to faxbax. I had a late night closing and did my fax back as soon as I got home. I had a full day the next day and I got a call when I was 50 miles away from home that they did not get my fax. She insisted that I re fax it , I had made copies of the 30 pages and I told her that I could not fax it again until I got home. She also told me that I was not supposed to drop the package until I got their OK. The instructions did not state this. The instructions were very clear that I was to drop the package ASAP. I received another call saying they had found my faxed pages. When I got paid for the signing, they deducted $25 for the fax backs they say they never got. I tried to argue with them but still no payment. I contacted them to take me out of their database.
They are not worth it. They pay only $50.00

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/17/05 8:16am
Msg #25958

Does your fax give you a weekly report? I have a Brother MFC that gives me a report at 5:00 every Monday. It lists all faxes sent out and received, the phone #, time sent and received and the result (if the line was busy, it it was okay, etc). I keep all fax results for one year in a fold just in case a situation such as yours occurs. Then I can send a copy of the transmittal as proof that I did send it.

Reply by TNNotary on 3/17/05 9:53am
Msg #25980

I do a lot of work for them. They are pretty good. Yes, you have to mail in your invoice once a month but they pay 15 days or sooner after they receive the invoice.

Reply by mimi_NJ on 3/17/05 10:12am
Msg #25982

What's their website address?

Reply by Tami on 3/17/05 11:07am
Msg #25999

www.servicelinklp.com

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/17/05 12:49pm
Msg #26020

Unless you're really hard up for business I'd definitely stay away from Servicelink.

They'll only pay $15 for edocs, their fees cap at $65, they usually require a zillion pages of faxbacks, and they call you before each signing about 3 or 4 times to tell you basic stuff that you should already know. Basically they treat each signing as if it's your first signing and pay accordingly.

I also rarely got payment within 15 days of mailing them my invoice (another pain in the butt rule they have). If I mailed it on the first of the month I normally wouldn't receive payment until the last week of the month, 3 or 4 weeks later.

Reply by Paul_IL on 3/17/05 1:39pm
Msg #26053

Sounds like you need to learn to negotiate better. I have no problems with them at all. They meet my fees, I do NO faxbacks unless it is required for a next day funding deal and there fees can go alot higher than a mere $65. I send the monthly invoice return receipt which is worth the extra couple of bucks and get paid within 10 days.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/17/05 2:03pm
Msg #26064

Well, every time I quoted them a fee above $65 (after they changed their policies) they said they couldn't do it. I'm not going to negotiate my fees with them, they are what they are and I stick by them. I'm in Los Angeles, they probably know that there are 100 notaries who will accept any signing I turn down. You're probably in a less saturated market so you get more negotiating room.

The main thing that got to me with Servicelink was the new policy of calling me before each and every signing to explain things like how the borrower should sign their name exactly how it's printed on the document. That I had completed 40 or 50 successful signings for them didn't mean anything, they still wanted to treat me like I had no idea what I was doing and point blank told me that they would be making that call before every signing. It was just annoying as heck and business is good enough for me that I can get rid of the annoying companies. Ameriquest is another one that I finally told to take a hike.

Glad you're having good luck with them, but I know from reading this board that my experiences with them are not exactly unique.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/17/05 7:06pm
Msg #26129

They called me too to go over the basics like how the borrower should sign their name, etc. and then the 30 plus faxbacks. I too do not do anymore Ameriquest due to the same pain in the *ss issues. I realize they get a lot of notary errors but it is because they do not pay for experienced notaries. They have to keep getting newbies to work for their fees.

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 3/18/05 6:34am
Msg #26217

I have done quite a few signings for ServiceLink. Granted, I do not do edocs (since they only pay $15) so all my signings have been overnight docs. (I told them I wouldn't do edocs for them because their rate was too low. They still call me for overnight doc signings.) In addition, I have had loans not close and was paid full price for the assignment. I send in the bill at the end of the month and have payment 10-15 days later like clockwork. I, too, have only gotten $65 per assignment but they're generally easy signings (i.e., well organized, borrowers aware, etc.). Most times I don't have to do fax backs because I have done many signings for them and I guess they finally figured out that I know what I'm doing. I enjoy working for them. They're stable and reliable (as far as payments are concerned). I think they're an excellent company for a newbie because they are very helpful and answer any questions you may have. Hope this helps.

Debbie

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.