Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Should I do more work for a SS that I havent received...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Joseph_CA on 3/28/05 10:26am
Msg #27992

Reply by Joseph_CA on 3/28/05 10:30am
Msg #27993

Sorry about that.

As I was saying; Should accept another assignment for a SS that hasnt pay me yet but not because of slow pay or other reason but because of a recent job and still in the reasonable timeframe. No more than 2 weeks.

Reply by Art_MD on 3/28/05 10:40am
Msg #27995

If you felt confident enough in the SS to accept the first assignment, why would you change you opinion now? 2 weeks ? IMHO, less than 40% of ss pay in less than 2 weeks.
Did you research the ss first?
If you did research and were satisfied, nothing has changed.

Go for it !!!

Art

Reply by Mike/NJ on 3/28/05 10:45am
Msg #27996

SS payments can range from 14 - 45 days after service. Always ask for the payment schedule and make sure you send out statements every 30 days.

If the SS has a good rep, I don't see why you should not continue to work with them.

Reply by Melody on 3/28/05 11:03am
Msg #27999

Someone on one of the boards says that she does only one job for a new SS and waits to see when/if they pay before she does another. (Was the poster S/FL?)

That advice paid off for me when I turned down a second job with an SS that later went bankrupt and stiffed me on the first job I did.

I think if more notaries had this policy, Notary America would not have been able to fleece notaries of so much money.

JMHO

Reply by Alabama on 3/28/05 11:27am
Msg #28004

I would like to send SS my stipulations for a signing for them to sign just like they do us!

Reply by Kevin Ahern on 3/29/05 6:03am
Msg #28158

You can. We insist that the signing companies include the fee and payment date in their confirmations. Some will tell you that they can not do this because the confirmation information is computer generated. In these cases we ask them to email an addendum to the confirmation. If they refuse to do it we decline to accept the order. If the amount of the fee and the turn around time on payment are in the confirmation or addendum thereto, they become terms and conditions of the contract for natary services. So far, it seems to be working.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 8:25am
Msg #28176

*I would like to send SS my stipulations for a signing for them to sign just like they do us!*

You can send them anything you want, but don't be surprised if they don't sign/return what you've sent them, and it may just make them call the next one down on the list for the signing.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/28/05 2:26pm
Msg #28043

I often post about not taking another signing until the first has been paid. However, few SSs pay within 2 weeks of the signing, so if another signing for the same company comes along, you may be cutting your nose off to spite your face because you are expecting payment in such a short time frame. If you've done your homework before accepting the first assignment and the SS appeared on few, if any, no-no lists, and you felt confident enough to accept the first signing because of your research, then I'd say take the second, as well.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/28/05 3:25pm
Msg #28055

I had 2 new signing services call me in February, both of which found me on this site. They met my fees without hesitation and immediately started giving me a lot of signings. If I had waited to receive payment for my first signing before accepting other signings I would have passed on $935 worth of business.

I didn't pass. I've already been paid for the bulk of the signings I've done for these two companies since they started using me, and they're still using me. If I had repeatedly said no when they called would they still be calling me now? Doubtful

In the 2 years I've been doing this job I've been outright stiffed on 2 signings. I've probably completed 800+ signings by now. I am not foolish enough to pass up almost $1000 in business, and who knows how much future business, when the odds of me being stiffed on the signings are less than 1%.

Reply by Melissa Martin on 3/28/05 4:04pm
Msg #28063

Every SS is new until you've worked with them for a while! How would you expand your business if you didn't work with new companies?

I'm generally not paranoid about these things. I'm fair and honest in my dealings with others, and I expect them to be honest as well. I'm usually not disappointed!

Cali~ What area of California are you in, if you don't mind me asking.

~Melissa

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/28/05 4:41pm
Msg #28071

I agree with you Melissa. The occasional loss is part of running a business. I don't see how turning down business, where you definitely won't make any money, is a better choice than accepting the business where it's very unlikely that you'll be stiffed on payment. Of course this is assuming it's not a company with a horrible reputation like Sign on the X.

I'm located in Los Angeles.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.