Notary Rotary
Sign On the X
Notary Discussion History

Sign On the X
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Slarty_FL on 3/24/05 2:34pm
Msg #27471

Sign On the X

SOX gave me a call at 3pm to see if I could do a signing tonight. After the universal panning they've gotten on the notary boards, I mentioned to them that I was concerned about their past payment problems with notaries. His response was, "Yeah, I know, but we fixed that."

Did you now?

Has anyone worked for the RECENTLY?

I gave him my standard "prepaid" speech, which he of course said he couldn't do. I told him if he couldn't find anyone else he could check with his boss to work it out, though I don't expect I'll ever hear from them again.

Reply by jlynn on 3/24/05 2:36pm
Msg #27472

I WOULDN'T DO IT !!

Reply by Slarty_FL on 3/24/05 2:40pm
Msg #27473

Yeah, neither would I. Whenever a company with that kind of rep calls, I tell them I will only take the signing if they can prepay. They always say no, of course, but it gives them an option other than a flat out "no." That's what I meant about my "prepaid" speech.

Reply by jlynn on 3/24/05 2:52pm
Msg #27475

Ive done that also requesting prepayment but it hasn't worked for me either.

Reply by Bob/New York on 3/25/05 9:48pm
Msg #27743

Stay away,far way.

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/25/05 9:51pm
Msg #27744

Your prepaid speech is a good idea IMHO. I have had an NSA more experienced than I mention that this is a technique to try.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.