Notary Rotary
Sign on the X
Notary Discussion History

Sign on the X
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Cheryl_NV on 3/21/05 11:56pm
Msg #26863

Sign on the X

I have read in earlier posts that they do not pay. I got a call from them this evening asking me to do a signing. I mentioned that they did not have a good reputation for paying and she said that was in the past, they have a whole new accounting department. I accepted the assignment and decided to take the risk incase this is true.

Anyone have any knowledge of this and are they now paying their nsa's.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/22/05 12:34am
Msg #26864

You have been advised not to do work for them

But you let them talk you into doing the signing anyway. This is how they continue to suck people in and you bought it hook line and sinker. I hope you get paid, and if you do, consider yourself lucky, or write it off. But please don't come back in three months and complain because you haven't been paid. When given good advice, you should heed. JMHO

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/22/05 12:45am
Msg #26865

I'm with Dogmonger. You were warned. n/m

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 3/22/05 2:27am
Msg #26876

Re: I'm with Dogmonger. You were warned. n/m

Suggest you go back and read previous posts , and the threads, on this Forum-

Start with Mssg.# 8194; 8752: 8955: and 15,400.

(You cannot change the stripes on a Zebra- so to speak)

Not wishing you ill, at all; but this may well be a "Freebee" your doing. (Sure hope not- but it's your time and effort being expended)

People from these Signing Services are sweet talkers- once you are hooked- it's like fihing- they call it " Fillet and Release". There are so many Notaries out there, in some areas- they can go from to another, and fill their needs for a Long- Long Time! (In fact, they may even Pay one or two- just so they will come on this Forum, and sy so--but "once a Zebra- always a Zebra:

Best of Luck, really!

Reply by Linda/NJ on 3/22/05 7:40am
Msg #26888

Cheryl, I too have taken a job from them. Last week. The woman told me the same as you. We'll see if we get paid or we are fish. I'll let you know. Linda

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/22/05 10:24am
Msg #26928

What you folks may or may not realize is that

People who have ongoing payment problems do so for a reason. Usually the company is not adequately funded and borrowers money from it's vendors to meet it's everyday operating expenses. Such a fundemental flaw will ALWAYS put you at the BOTTOM of the food chain. Once a company establishes this patter, if the market hiccups or burps, they are bust, and you are out your fees. It's your business, your call, just beware of what has happened over and over in this business. Ask those who worked for Jamie Jessup and Mortgage Closers.com and too many others to mention

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/22/05 11:16am
Msg #26946

Re: So What Do You Say.......

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/22/05 11:19am
Msg #26951

to the people on this board who say don't use anyone else's no-no list and to try a company yourself because "one persons trash is another's treasure"?

Reply by Slarty_FL on 3/22/05 11:28am
Msg #26957

Everyone has to use their own judgement in accepting/refusing assignments. To me, I will give them one try, knowing it may be a freebie, if only a few people indicate there is a problem. If there are literally dozens of posts from a variety of sources, all saying they are no or slow pay, I tell the company that I would love to work for them if they can prepay. They never do, but it gives them a chance to make right, and I don't have to flat-out turn them down (instead I'm presenting possible solutions).

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/22/05 11:31am
Msg #26959

In a lot of cases that's absolutely true. But there are, and should be a few exceptions. If a company has been virtually univerally trashed on this board for the past year or more, like Sign on the X has, there's a definite reason for it.

One person's trash is one thing. 100 people's trash is quite another.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/22/05 11:36am
Msg #26960

I say Buyer Beware

And when you get burnt, Don't post on this board whining and moaning about how you got ripped off

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/22/05 11:53am
Msg #26966

PS

Apparently you didn't read or didn't believe my post about this company. They have had negative payment reports for two + years from hundreds of subcontractors. This suggests that they are UNERFUNDED and they use their payments to their vendors to fund their business. If the market shrinks or hiccups, they have no choice to but to fold, like Mortgage Closers.com, Notary America, ect, ect, ect. It is your business, your choice. I just get tired over the years of seeing folks ask for advice, ingnore it, and then complain when it blows up in their face. This message is in no way meant as mean spirited, just the facts as they have unfolded over time. JMHO

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/22/05 12:07pm
Msg #26970

Re: PS - Yes I did!

I did read your post and I wasn't commenting on it's content. I was only asking about the "trash vs treasure" issue brought up in past posts. I personally wouldn't work with this company and a couple of others mentioned on this board. I don't think you read my post, or you wouldn't have assumed I had not read yours.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/22/05 12:33pm
Msg #26978

I read your post very carefully

It was the reason I resposted. I could not fathom anyone considering this company a TREASURE! But to each his own.

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/22/05 12:41pm
Msg #26981

Re: I read your post very carefully

Yes, I quite agree. I was kind of "bashed" by someone in a prior post regarding my personal no-no list which included those companies that were always coming up with negative posts and didn't understand why anyone would want to work with those companies after reading all of the bad about them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.