Notary Rotary
Signing Company Confusion !!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 3/29/05 2:08pm
Msg #28253

I have just started working with a signing company, They receive edocs from the title company and forward them to me, I do all the work, printing, and they request I send these edocs straight the to title company. This Signing Company never prints them or even sees the finished signing, what do you guys think of that ?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 2:17pm
Msg #28259

Most do it that way.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/29/05 2:19pm
Msg #28261

Oohh Good, I was worried, somewhere I read, if they did it that way, they are considered lazy ! haa, haa, haa !

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/29/05 2:24pm
Msg #28262

how do you know that? Some signing companies have to print/convert docs from swiftview, vmp,emp,global trust, etc to adobe format so that we can download. Signing services also do title work, abstract search, prop reports, etc. They also have overhead, bills and most importantly huge telephone bills.
They are also responsible for the notary performing the signing, that is why they have you contact them if there is a problem at the table. Title companies don't want to be bothered with disgruntled notaries or questions every ten minutes, they don't have the manpower for it. If there is something that the SS can't handle, they know who the contact is to get the answer.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/29/05 2:28pm
Msg #28264

I know this, because it is a FWD email, and on the original, it is from the title company !

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 2:46pm
Msg #28280

Re: So where's the confusion come in?

I'm breaking one of my practices of ignoring Anonymous posters and replying to you. You state that the TC sent the docs to the SS who, in turn, forwarded same to you. You also state that the SS did not print them -- When Charm asked you "how did you know" although I can't read her mind, I would assume she was asking you how you knew the SS didn't print them? I know for a fact that SSs, if they don't print hard copies of the docs, they have the docs available in order to answer SA specific questions, because I've called and the SS went directly to the specific doc/page in order to answer me.

If you don't want the SS to be the middle person, then I suggest you begin targeting only TCs, however, I don't suggest this unless you have a minimum of 75 signings under your belt.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 2:49pm
Msg #28282

I beg to differ. You dont have to print doc's in order to view them. You just bring them up in the viwer and flip to corect page.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 2:53pm
Msg #28285

Anonymous was stating that the SS never looks at the docs. I agree that they don't have to have a hard copy to see them, but that still doesn't mean that the SS never looks at the docs.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/29/05 2:53pm
Msg #28286

I was just stating this, I did call the signing company to ask a question, I had to tell the the exact email with document of it, so they could pull it up on their computer, i was just wondering if this was the way they work or not ??

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 3:00pm
Msg #28289

I don't think it's odd to have to tell the SS the specific e-mail in order for them to find the borrower(s) docs you are referencing. You have to keep in mind, that in any one day, the SS is dealing with more than one TC, and more than one SA.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/29/05 3:03pm
Msg #28293

I understand totally !

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 2:33pm
Msg #28270

Sure wich they would do all that for me. I have to keep tons of viewers and download doc's in every kind of format. Doc's mostly come to me directly from lender and title. not from ss

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 2:50pm
Msg #28283

Re: Again, how do you know?

**This Signing Company never prints them or even sees the finished signing,**

It's called quality control -- how do you think the SS finds that something is wrong, and why do you think that some SSs never call or send someone out on another signing?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 2:52pm
Msg #28284

Now you have totaly lost me

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 2:57pm
Msg #28287

Anonymous said the SS never prints or sees the finished signing. I'm simply asking Anonymous how they know that.

The quality control where I lost you at is with the SS doing QC with the TC regarding the SA/signing, so whether or not the SA sees the finished signing, they *know* what kind of job the SA did.

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/29/05 3:01pm
Msg #28290

Exactly...

Hi Carolyn, hope you've been busy Smiley and with that said, I'm off to a nice sunny ride to do an easy signing (for a change)

Had a signing yesterday 2 huge loans with an Engineer....ugh, my head was pounding by the time I left. I wanted to whip out my lipstick and print "I CANNOT ANSWER THAT QUESTION" on his forehead.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 3:22pm
Msg #28299

Re: Exactly...

Cheryl, Thanks for asking. I was going nonstop both Friday and Saturday. It made it all worthwhile on Friday though when my reverse mortgage "grandma" hugged me when as I was leaving. Saturday FedEx didn't get my 10:00 a.m. signing docs here until noon, so everything got shifted. Then I thought I was going to have to use my pepper spray on my middle 60's age "single" gentlemen -- he didn't have a voice box and had the thing to hold up to his throat, so he sounded like Darth Vadar. Half way through the signing I was finally able to quit saying "excuse me ..." I had to call the TC once and be the middle person "go between" in the 3-party phone conversation. The last QC page from the TC for borrower to fill out, he circled all excellent and then said "Tthey did what I asked ... they sent a relatively young and attractive female ..." -- You just never know what is going to come next in this job.

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/29/05 3:36pm
Msg #28304

Charm and Carolyn...

Greetings Ladies...

* middle 60's age "single" gentlemen * Was it Hugh????

BTW...Last night I think I went to a 4.5 hour movie: Nightmare on Reverse Mortgage Street...It was a double feature.

My last lady was a sweetheart. She could not meet with me until 5:45 pm because she had to work at the animal shelter. Got there and to my surprise she was on oxygen and in a motorized wheelchair. (I am ashamed for what I don't do when I don't "feel" good.) She had a Brittany Spaniel named June who gave lots of kisses. And, when I left it was late, June was asleep and I unzipped her blouse so she could get out of it and into her pj's.

If ONLY the lender would have been available to tell us what the $1704 in repair escrow was for, it would have only taken 1.5 hrs rather than 2.5.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 2:59pm
Msg #28288

Quality control in my book means. After signing is done some ss ask you to fax back key documents in order for them to chek if signed and notarized correctly. Otherwise noone will know untill resipent receives the doc's. And if there was a problem they probaly wount hire same ss to find a notary but contact someone else. Therefore the ss will not call you back as they did not get an order for resigning.

Reply by Stevie on 3/29/05 4:00pm
Msg #28314

PLEASE learn to spell!!!!!

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 4:22pm
Msg #28322

Re: PLEASE learn to spell!!!!!

Are you talking to me? What did you not anderstand?

Reply by Anonymous on 3/29/05 4:29pm
Msg #28327

Re: Where shall I begin ??? n/m

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 4:32pm
Msg #28329

Dont tell me there is another bad speller lol. Maby none English as I am?

Reply by Anonymous on 3/29/05 4:57pm
Msg #28347

ERNA_CA,
I THINK YOU ARE JUST PLAYING WITH US ON THESE MISSPELLINGS. THE REST OF YOU, JUST RELAX AND TAKE IT EASY. THERE ARE BIGGER PROBLEMS TO WORRY ABOUT IN THIS WORLD.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 5:18pm
Msg #28361

No I am not playing!
Just another day and it seems to be my turn for some good ol bashing.
I am not a newbie as a notary so cant be that.
I am fairly new on here, so could be that.
I am a foreigner, but a US citizen. could that be it. God forbid it be a hate crime agains a poor imigrant lol....jokin Smiley

Reply by Stevie on 3/29/05 5:48pm
Msg #28376

You can't even spell "immigrant" correctly!

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 5:50pm
Msg #28377

Smiley do you feel better

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 6:21pm
Msg #28379

Re: PLEASE learn to spell!!!!!stevie!!!!!!!

I sugest you read the post from Harry in regards to your conduct.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.