Notary Rotary
Signing Company or Title Company
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by jasonste on 3/29/05 1:51pm
Msg #28243

I was just wondering, if most of you work through Signing Companies or through Title Companies ?

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/29/05 2:00pm
Msg #28251

When you start out...work with signing companies. They give you a list of instructions when they send the docs.

Title companies think you know what you're doing and do a lot less hand holding. The two title companies that I've recently aquired warned me ahead of time that I will
1) Get more work if I do the first job right and
2) Fax back a few docs the first time, so that they can see if I know what I'm doing.

Since then, I've gotten more work, better pay and don't have to play babysit me games with them.

Reply by jasonste on 3/29/05 2:06pm
Msg #28252

Thanks that helps alot, but in your opinion, do you think Title Companies prefer to work with Signing Companines or directly with a Notary Signing Agent ?

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/29/05 2:11pm
Msg #28255

They prefer to have someone else do the grunt work of finding a notary.
However, I've noticed that some T.C.s are starting to try to hook up directly with S.A.s. One company decided that after their contract with a signing service was up they were going it alone. Maybe, because of all the uneducated notaries, they're getting tired of the bad service. Signing companies are rated also, and they can easily lose a good client, which is why they're all over you once you accept an assignment.

Reply by jasonste on 3/29/05 2:17pm
Msg #28260

Good Point, There is soo many signing companies ! Im also in Alabama, Mobile to be exact, how are the signings in huntsville, enough for you to make a good living at it ?

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/29/05 2:29pm
Msg #28266

Mobile...

down there by Gulf Shores, have they cleaned up pretty well after last season's hurricanes? We'd like to go down in the summer. I'm doing very well (imo) up here for just starting in Late Nov. 04...The third week of the month is usually nuts

I got lucky with IREP...sign up with them if you're not already.
I had a $450. day Friday, spent 7 hours as they pushed them thru one by one to get them closed for the month, I was rather elated when I got home lol as well as needing a drink and an asprin!

Reply by jasonste on 3/29/05 2:35pm
Msg #28274

Re: Mobile...

Gulf Shores is getting cleaner, they still have alot of work to go, but the beaches are open for visitors, as well as many hotels, so GO, have a great time ! how do I sign up with IREP ? I just started signing up with companies this year, ive been a notary for years, and just found out about the signing agent opportunity, any help will be greatly appreciated !

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/29/05 2:41pm
Msg #28276

go to the signing service tab up top of the page, find Independent Real Estate Processing. They work with your local HFC's and Beneficials, you could also go in to those two and introduce yourself, leave a couple of cards. They are allowed to request certain notaries

BTW: If you are not a premiere member here, copy and paste the SS company into your search bar.
Once you get to the various websites for these companies, it's pretty easy to sign up with them. Good Luck Smiley

Reply by jasonste on 3/29/05 2:45pm
Msg #28279

Thanks For Your Help Charm AL !!!!!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/29/05 10:26pm
Msg #28410

Show your thanks ...

... for all the help this Forum provides by paying the low cost of membership. You'll also get the lookup feature available to premium members.

Reply by immanuel6_CA on 3/29/05 6:25pm
Msg #28381

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. I'm a newbie SA.....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.