Notary Rotary
Signing Plus
Notary Discussion History

Signing Plus
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 3/7/05 9:14am
Msg #24068

Signing Plus

Does anyone do business for Siging Plus in Costa Mesa, CA? They need a "Signing Agent Certificate" in order for me to get paid. What is this? I have a Certificate of Completion from a class I took through the NNA but that's it.

Reply by CollenCA on 3/7/05 9:32am
Msg #24078

They are asking for certification for the seperate NSA class. You can study this at home with the course through the NNA and then take the 80 question test on-line. Hope this helps.

Reply by CaSigner on 3/7/05 9:38am
Msg #24080

Interesting, I did work for them yet they have never asked me for this "certificate".

Reply by Becca-WI on 3/7/05 9:49am
Msg #24082

I am confused. Is it to be come certified with the NNA?

Reply by CaSigner on 3/7/05 10:01am
Msg #24084

Tht's where my confusion lies. I know about the test to be "certified" through the NNA. I am half way through that test. However, on the form I received from SigningPlus it reads "Notary Signing Agent Certificate (NA)". That is what I don't know. They also pay $50 for a base signing so I can't believe they require only certified signing agents. Is there another smaller test givent to become a signing agent?

Reply by ColleenCA on 3/7/05 10:07am
Msg #24087

Yes, it is a seperate class and test then the one you take to become commissioned through the state. It is the NSA course that you study from home and then take the on-line test. If I remember correctly, the course is 80.00 and the test is free. If you visit the NNA website, you can easily find the order info. there. Good luck.

Reply by CaSigner on 3/7/05 10:07am
Msg #24086

Collen CA,

Is this test other than the NNA's three-part test to become a certified NSA?

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/7/05 10:09am
Msg #24088

CaSigner - it's the same and all you need...n/m

Reply by Mary Pierce on 3/7/05 10:05am
Msg #24085

Did you already do the signing for them and now they are hitting you with this?

Reply by CaSigner on 3/7/05 10:09am
Msg #24089

Yes, I did one on Thursday. When I signed up with them I signed the contractor's agreement and turned in my W-9. Never did I mention I was studying to become certified nor did it mention this might be a requirement anywhere on their agreement or website. I am going to call today and ask I just thought I would throw this out there first.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.