Notary Rotary
Signing company made major mistake
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Margaret/Florida on 3/25/05 4:13pm
Msg #27680

I had a title company call me and ask me about a signing I did last Friday night. They asked did I send the docs off and they asked for the tracking number. After pulling my confirmation and emails from the signing company, I told them this was a 2 part signing. The documents were forwarded to the son. I was asked to get the docs out Saturday so they would arrive at the sons work Monday morning, which they did. The signing company was to arrange for a Notary in the other state to complete the signing and send back to the title company. From what I gather, this did not happen. I did my part.

Reply by PAIGE on 3/25/05 4:23pm
Msg #27684

WHAT TITLE COMPANY/ LENDER

Reply by Margaret_FL on 3/25/05 5:06pm
Msg #27690

Click on my name and email me. I do not want them to read this post

Reply by Margaret_FL on 3/25/05 5:10pm
Msg #27693

My email is [e-mail address]

Reply by Margaret_FL on 3/25/05 5:13pm
Msg #27694

Update. The signing company called me and said that the son did get the documents and that he was here in town for Easter. They asked if I would go back out to get the son and daughter in law to sign. Called and son said, he was not signing anything, that he was not supposed to be on the documents and that he was not signing anything.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/25/05 11:57pm
Msg #27755

Is the son on the title though?
I have had non-obligor's before tell me they are not signing anything as they are not on the loan, but once I tell them they are only signing certain documents because they are on the title, and they are not signing anything obligating them to the loan they are usually OK.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 3/26/05 5:24am
Msg #27770

The son and daughter in law were on all the documents as borrowers. He said he is not on the title and was not signing as borrower.

In addition when the title company sent me the title docs and hud, it had another Hud and title docs from a completely different loan signing. When I got the title docs and hud email it was 27 pages. But after getting it to make my HUD copies, I discovered different names. I called the signing company and they said OH, the title company made a mistake and sent you another borrowers documents. This was the most screwed up closing I have ever done.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.