Notary Rotary
The Closing Experts Settlement Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Bill-NY on 3/4/05 3:35pm
Msg #23671

Anyone out there know anything about this company. I did a signing for them and it appears they have closed up shop. They were working in the same office as the title company (Epic Equity Services) and when I call them they claim the person running The Closing Experts shared office space with them but has since closed up. The only thing I have is an email address but he does not answer. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reply by LauraR_NY on 3/5/05 11:02am
Msg #23769

Steve has relocated to MA, I believe.

This is his reply 2/11/05; to my email regarding payment.

"Thanks for your email. I do not have internet access at this time which is why I have not responded until now.

As I said before, I fully intend to honor our agreement for payment on this closing but am unable to make payment at this time. I am in the process of paying off all of my debts in the order they were first incurred.

As I said before, I will be fullfilling all of the financial obligations and honoring all debts incurred while doing business by the Closing Experts.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as I make good on that promise.

Regards,

Steve J.

Director of Operations
Closing Experts, Buffalo"

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/5/05 11:29am
Msg #23773

Can you give me the email address that you have for him. The one I had was returned undeliverable. He has not returned my phone messages and Epic Title has not responded to my certified letter. Thank you.

Reply by LauraR_NY on 3/5/05 11:42am
Msg #23780

Closing Experts [[e-mail address]]

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/5/05 12:21pm
Msg #23788

Thanks. I will let you know outcome. My payment is now 3 months overdue. I will not give up on it either. I don't know how he expects to keep a good reputation in the mortgage business with this kind of treatment of notaries. I like to think that these boards have a far and wide reach in this business. I know sometimes you win some and loose some and have to pick your battles, but this one sticks in my craw. I'm sure he got paid.

Reply by LULU on 3/5/05 1:43pm
Msg #23794

He owes me for a closing from November 2004. This closing took 3 hours because it was a second home ( no RTC) and they wanted to read every document. I have been given information that he works for a mortgage company. Besides doing signings I am also a loan officer and I do business with the company he is working for. I am not going to let him get away with this either. I have left him a message on his cell phone and he has not even had the decency to return my call. I am looking into taking legal action which will include recovery fees and also have a few other aces up my sleeve. I will post any updates. The thought that he works for a mortgage company and would screw the people that are responsible for everyone getting their share (if the loan does not close ,nobody gets paid) turns my stomach.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 3/5/05 1:50pm
Msg #23795

My feelings exactly. Keep us all posted. I thought he was a stand up guy, I guess not.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.