Notary Rotary
The Expert Closing - Steve Jones
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Joanne_SL on 3/7/05 9:14am
Msg #24069

I completed a signing for Closing Experts in December - have not been paid. Contacted his office and was told he moved out of state but is still doing business as the Closing Experts. Epic Equity is refusing to honor this payment as he was paid. Avoid doing business with him. He will not respond to multiple emails, letters, requests for payments ... run in the other direction.

Reply by CaSigner on 3/7/05 9:17am
Msg #24071

Good information, thanks

Reply by lulu on 3/7/05 9:45am
Msg #24081

I have posted on this board about not getting paid for one I did in November. I did a search with the NY Secretary of State and I believe he is also a notary . I remember when he originally contacted me he said he also does closings. I also have been told that he is working for a mortgage company who I also do business with ( I am also a loan oficer) and that it would be a conflict with this company if he is doing closings. I am still gathering information . Please contact the NNA and let them know. He is still listed with them as doing business and they told me that they are collecting information on companies that do not pay notaries and looking for a possible solution.

As far as Epic Equity goes, they have the same adress, phone number and fax number as The Closing Experts and I am going to include them in any legal action I end up taking. I have already notified them and of course they have not responded to my certified letter. I also contacted the mortgage company involved . Let's face it , they all made their money off the work we completed. Being a loan officer I know what they made and it's a lot more than we get.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.