Notary Rotary
The pleasure of being a Popugh
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 3/10/05 1:07am
Msg #24674

When I moved out of my home, leaving the battlefield to my B&TW, now my B&T Estranged W and soon to be my B&T Ex-W, I moved into a one-bedroom apartment. It is a rather large one-bedroom apartment, true, but nonetheless it is still a one bedroom. In that one bedroom is my exercise equipment, my office (including three printers and several file cabinets). and most of my personal library of close to 1,000 volumes. To give me some space, I use a single bed. The arrangement works just fine; the room is so commodious that I have all the space I need. Last night, my two grandsons spent the night with me. When they do, they sleep on a sofabed in the living room. The following is an e-mail I sent their long-suffering mother today:

9:02 p.m.: Both boys in bed.
9:15 p.m.: Clayton asleep.
9:45 p.m.: Colin comes in to the computer, asks if he can sleep in my bed. I
agree.
9:55 p.m.: Clayton comes in to the computer, asks if he can sleep in my bed.
I agree.
10:30 p.m.: I put Colin back to bed on the sofabed.
10:32 p.m.: I put Clayton back to bed on the sofabed.
12:15 a.m.: I awake, hear "Popugh, Popugh. Can I sleep with you?" I agree.
2:00 a.m.: Somebody shakes my shoulder. I open my eyes to see Clayton
standing by my bed. He doesn't say anything. I don't say anything.
I make a spot for him.
2:00 a.m.-5:30 a.m.: One overweight senior citizen, one gangly 5-year-old boy,
one chunky 3-year-old boy, and one really irritated territorial 7-
year-old Chihuahua share the same bed -- the same single bed.
8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.: One sleep-deprived evaluator repeatedly falls asleep while
evaluating essays for the Texas Higher Education Act. Dozens of
students ultimately have to take the exam again.

You can all ignore my here-to-fore frequent calls for a bosomy widow who owns a liquor store. I have finally realized there simply physically isn't enough room in my life for a girlfriend.

Reply by Jon on 3/10/05 1:11am
Msg #24676

Hugh,

Why didn't you all just move to the sofabed?????? It has to be bigger than the single.

Reply by fiKS on 3/10/05 1:15am
Msg #24677

Or change your prerequisite for a girlfriend ......owns a liquour store, a boat and a 3 bedroom flat with a king size bed in the master b/r.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/10/05 2:08am
Msg #24678

Jon asks:

***Why didn't you all just move to the sofabed?????? It has to be bigger than the single.***

You don't have grandchildren, do you, Jon? Or if you do, you still have a ways to go in fathoming the psyche of pre-school-aged GKs. There is no mystical aura, no special ambiance, no rite-of-passage mysteries associated with the child's bed. All of those are associated with either Popugh's or Grammon's bed.

Incidentally, Lucy the Chihuahua asked the same question.

Reply by mysky_TX on 3/10/05 6:06am
Msg #24679

Thanks for the grins - as a sympathetic peer with two grandsons of my own - I can picture this all too clearly. Smiley .......much too clearly.....lol.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/10/05 8:39am
Msg #24703

Re: Hugh, a word of caution......

Hugh,

In the future just remember to make sure that the young boys are related to you. You sure don't want any Michael Jackson type problems. LOL

Reply by HisHughness on 3/10/05 9:43am
Msg #24717

Re: Hugh, a word of caution......

Ted_MI cautions:

***In the future just remember to make sure that the young boys are related to you. You sure don't want any Michael Jackson type problems.***

No one has ever questioned the propriety of my conduct with the boys. The Chihuahua, on the other hand, is a different matter.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/10/05 11:30am
Msg #24746

Re: Hugh, a word of caution......Arf....Arf

Hugh,
I hope you realize that Lucy may be a ard carrying member of PETA and they undoubtedly have you in their sights!

Reply by BK/FL on 3/10/05 9:12am
Msg #24714

Hugh,
Serves you justice for trying to make the boys sleep on the sofa bed! Sofa beds are notoriously the WORST places to try to sleep! You would have been better off just letting them sleep on the couch with pillows laid on the floor to cushion if one should fall!

Suggestion a wire type foldable small pop up tent and 2 sleeping bags set up in the livingroom or Popugh's room would be very pleasurable for the boys. Saving you the single bed!

Yes I have two girls ages 3 and 6 so I can relate! Happy Poppying! BK/FL

Reply by CharlotteTX on 3/10/05 10:02am
Msg #24725

As a grandma, don't do the tent thing, unless you also like the floor. Because in the end, they have to be right next to you, no matter how big or small the bed is. Big is never big enough!!Been there done this and still doing this. But oh the memories are worth it!!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 3/10/05 12:42pm
Msg #24755

I have a Pochantas pop-up tent our grandsons slept in when they were younger (they're 10 and 12 now). They loved it, but we set it up in our bedroom, so they were happy being in the same room as Grandpa and GrannyGoose (as they used to call me) I'll send it to you Hugh if you want it.

Reply by HisHughness on 3/10/05 1:26pm
Msg #24767

BarbaraL offered:

***I have a Pochantas pop-up tent our grandsons slept in when they were younger (they're 10 and 12 now). They loved it, but we set it up in our bedroom, so they were happy being in the same room as Grandpa and GrannyGoose (as they used to call me) I'll send it to you Hugh if you want it.***

The B&TW and I and Th' Boyz camped quite frequently. I have a project going of camping in all Texas State Parks that have camping facilities; so far, I've done about 26, with about 50 left to go. The boys have a kiddie tent and sleeping bags. What they don't have is a Popugh whose aging bones and joints could take sleeping on the floor, which, as someone else pointed out, is surely what would happen.

Thanks for the offer. Now, if you also have some child-strength sleeping pills...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.