Notary Rotary
Thought this was interesting ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 3/31/05 9:16am
Msg #28803

I came across this post in the NotRot FAC. Although Harry is pointing out that it is against NotRot policy to use different addresses/zips in order to get more exposure, I think it should also apply to the one particular poster here who insists on using several alias names, addresess and phone numbers in numerous profiles:

Re: Business Addresses
Posted by Harry [NR] on 11/11/04 6:49pm
Msg #143 from logged in user

Good question.

Our policy is to allow only one listing per notary. As long as your home and business locations are not extremely far apart, your profile should show up under both ZIPs. (Although it will be higher in the list for the ZIP code you have listed as your primary address.) You should use the location you drive from most frequently when performing signings.

If we allowed more than one location per notary, everyone would be adding home and work addresses in order to broaden their coverage areas. Not only that, but some notaries have asked to set up profiles under the addresses of friends and relatives, which is not fair to other notaries nor to the companies using our site.

When situations like this are brought to our attention, we start by deleting one of the offending profiles. If the abuse continues, we deactivate the profiles but leave them in the system. This means they will not display and cannot be recreated. In other words, those notaries will not be able to list on our site at all.

Harry
:

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/31/05 10:14am
Msg #28813

hmmmm...I wonder if this was the case of someone's (profile) demise
Interesting indeed

"When situations like this are brought to our attention, we start by deleting one of the offending profiles. If the abuse continues, we deactivate the profiles but leave them in the system. This means they will not display and cannot be recreated. In other words, those notaries will not be able to list on our site at all."

but still post? Too bad lol

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/31/05 10:45am
Msg #28815

Well that certainly makes more sense than his laughable explanation of:

"I found a way to block my personal information from being searched through. I did this by clicking on a box that reads: "Hide profile from searches" in the page where you edit your profile. This option will allow only signing companies who log in too see my listing."

Gotta admit though, I was very curious to see what he would come up with to save face. I knew he'd somehow make it seem like it was something he did voluntarily, lol.

Reply by IPS on 3/31/05 11:02am
Msg #28821

That guy was wacked....

That guy was odd!!! I can't believe he was eager enough to help all the newbie's that come here! He otta be ashamed of himself!!!!

I went to his webpage and clicked on the notary rotary icon, it turns out that he may not be lying because it is very much active and was edited this morning. S**T

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/31/05 11:12am
Msg #28826

Re: That guy was wacked....

Well an updated profile isn't going to do him a lick of good on this site if it doesn't come up in any search results.

Reply by IPS on 3/31/05 11:18am
Msg #28830

Re: That guy was wacked....

Not for you or I or any individual. Signing companies when logged in can view all his information.

When people go to his website they'll be able to view the information. I think Korey did the smart thing by hiding for a while. By him hiding we will be able to scope out the real problems on this board.

With Korey in the shadows, what notary will be gang banged next?

Reply by Anonymous on 3/31/05 11:40am
Msg #28838

Re: Maybe not ...

'I went to his webpage and clicked on the notary rotary icon, it turns out that he may not be lying because it is very much active and was edited this morning.'

I was logged in and clicked the NotRot icon on his site and got the following message. I logged in again and got the same thing:

Error Number: 50000
Error Description: You have exceeded the maximum number of daily profiles you are allowed to view without logging in.

Click your Back button to correct this error. If the problem continues, please contact Notary Rotary Support at [e-mail address].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2004 Notary Rotary, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Terms of Use Privacy Statement Partners Contact Us

Reply by IPS on 3/31/05 11:46am
Msg #28839

No, that just means that you have been searching through a lot of profiles.

If you are a free member, or don't sign in, then you are allowed to view only a few profiles.

The error message you got is just that.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/31/05 11:59am
Msg #28842

I can't believe I'm even responding to this Mr. Humphries *logical* excuse. I tried what the *first* anonymous poster suggested by going into his website and clicking on NotRot icon to pull up his profile. I was logged on (and I'm not a free member) and got the same error.

Reply by Anon on 3/31/05 1:14pm
Msg #28857

I just went on his website and clicked on Notary Rotary and went direct to his NR profile.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/31/05 4:07pm
Msg #28926

Re: Or Harry needs to deleet folks that play games!!!!!!!

Reply by Becca/FL on 3/31/05 5:22pm
Msg #28940

Attn: Harry

>>>When situations like this are brought to our attention, we start by deleting one of the offending profiles. If the abuse continues, we deactivate the profiles but leave them in the system. This means they will not display and cannot be recreated. In other words, those notaries will not be able to list on our site at all.<<<

There is a husband & wife team in my area and they use a bogus address in my town. Please look into this.

Thanks,
Becca

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.