Notary Rotary
To: CarolynCO
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Korey Humphreys on 3/29/05 4:54pm
Msg #28342

You stated that you don't know why other notaries ask questions about subpoenas or trespass's.

Isn't the answer obvious? As far as my research shows, no other state allows a notary public to issue various court orders (writs, subpoenas, summonse's etc.).

Of course a MA notary will ask about this non-common practice. Non-common because no other state allows the same authority/duty.

So you don't think I'm blowing hotair, fee free to visit the Massachusetts notary laws at http://www.mass.gov/legal/notaries.html . I promise you that this is not my site, nor am I advertising.

Something boggles my mind though..... how would discussing subpoenas etc. constitute self-advertising? Do the signing companies care about subpoena's, or court work? NO... they care about signing services. There is no problem with me assisting other notaries. I'm not an expert for massachusetts notary law, because an expert is not created with only 3 years of expirence.

Go here: http://www.mass.gov/legal/notaries.html

=======
Korey

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 5:00pm
Msg #28350

**As far as my research shows, no other state allows a notary public to issue various court orders**

But a newly commissioned notary from another state would probably be unaware of that fact, and it just seems apparent that with all the other newbie signing agent/signing service questions, that at least *one* notary in the other 49 states would have asked about subpoenas and trespass.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/29/05 5:03pm
Msg #28353

Okay... I give you that much.

But I can't picture them asking if it does not have anything to do with their office in that state? That's all. Take care.

======
Korey

Reply by Mary_CA on 3/29/05 5:16pm
Msg #28360

Your profile states that *borrowers are treated with respect and dignity.* Seems to me you could do the same here.

That's just my general impression of the attitude of many of the so called *professionals*on this forum.

I am pushing sixty and have had two long term professional careers. I have never, in over forty years in business, encountered this kind of *professional*(?) discourse.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 5:24pm
Msg #28365

There was no attitude, but if that's how you want to perceive it, that's fine, too. I asked a very simple and stratight-forward question -- why is it that with all the notaries in the rest of the 49 states, has not *one* of them ever asked a question about a subpoena or trespass.

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 5:27pm
Msg #28367

Re: correction -- straight-forward. n/m

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/29/05 7:18pm
Msg #28392

Carolyn...Your logic is sound.

Your point is well-taken and makes sense...your logic is sound IMHO. I say this because
Texas Notaries can issue subpoenas but don't seem to have the yen for knowing how at the rate of those in Mass.

Now that I have validated your argument with this information, Carolyn, I look for several new Texas Notaries to come forward begging for more information on the subject.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/29/05 5:26pm
Msg #28366

Mary... I didn't see any attitude. We were conversing n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/29/05 6:51pm
Msg #28388

Re: Incompetence and professionalism

Mary,
If nothing else, your post proves that profiles can and are looked at without first having had to be told to do so. BTW, I see that you don't have a profile.

As for professional careers, I have worked in both the public and private sectors and I've operated my own biz for 13 years. In none of my jobs has incompetence, i.e., lacking sufficient knowledge, skill or ability been acceptable with any of my employers. Therefore, why should incompetence be acceptable for notary signing agents?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.